SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uroboros5

Postcards from Montreal (2)

uroboros5
14 years ago

I'm a sucker for Dancing Shiva's unique shrimp pink!

DESTINED TO SEE always blooms above the foliage for me. The color looks different in every photograph. Although the pictures are nice, I can't say it has that much "garden appeal."

DOMA came as a gift when I bought John Peat years ago from Crossborders daylilies. John Peat didn't survive the winter (it was the most expensive plant I ever bought), but the gift plant has given me gorgeous pink flowers on 3' stems. It's not pod fertile, and it doesn't branch at all! Too bad...

It's not rare, but I love El Desperado. It's an attention grabber, it's vigorous, it buds like mad every year. Now THAT's garden appeal.

I love carved flowers, but they're hard to find here. FALL FROLIC was one of the best in local offerings:

I'm not generally wild about spiders, but Fireborn caught my eye as the best "neighbor" for GABRIEL DES NUANCES (see next post). The inflrescences should be over 3' tall, but I think it suffered from transplantation last fall and the stems are squat.

GABRIEL DES NUANCES is a show stealer. It's an 8" bloom on a 42" inflorescence, so I'm over the moon. The petals are surprising full for a plant of this stature, the pattern is fun and the colors are crystal clear. It's a real winner.

Here's a crazy fasciated flower with two pistils!

Comments (9)