SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayland_gw

Grower's Outlet trip (Rhododendron Minus)

mayland
15 years ago

Well, i went to Grower's Outlet today. they have some new things in stock this year, and I came away with a load of great plants, including a few natives :)

I added Rhodie Minus to the title as I think I remember a thread on here a year or more ago about R. Minus and someone looking for it? Is it rare? Anyway, if you are looking for it, they had maybe 15 of them, fairly small. It did not specify whether they were R. minus var minus, or R. minus var Chapmanii, and I'm not sure if both are rare or only one of these? Anyone know?

I got:

Camellia Yuletide

3 Illicium floridanum ($10 for 3 1-gals!)

Leucothoe axillaris "margie jenkins"

deciduous Rhodie "Varnadoe's Pink"

deciduous Rhodie "Aromi Sunstruck"

evergreen Rhododendron Minus

3 forsythia

5 Echinacea "Kim's Knee High"

10 Hellebores (5 "Candy Love", 5 "Snow Love")

3 Hosta "Guacamole" and 3 Hosta "June"

Lavender

3 Shasta daisy "Alaska"

3 Rudbeckia "Goldsturm"

7 Tiarella "Tiger Stripe"

The echinacea, rudbeckia and shastas are really far along -- some they had were almost flowering (i didnt pick any with buds on). I hope that if we get a freeze, they just lose some leaves but then come back again -- do you think they will be OK, or should i keep them somewhere protected until after last freeze date? Same with Hostas -- am I OK to plant them or best to keep them protected a while?

I'm linking to their availability page, you can check online what they have in stock. They also say that this year they will hold items for a day if emailed to request this.

This time justifying a carload of plants is easy -- its my bit towards the Economic Stimulation plan -- my president told me to :)

Here is a link that might be useful: stock list

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022