SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stardust_gw

1st Eastern Ohio and 'neighbors' Plant Swap'

stardust
20 years ago

OK - I've set the date! Saturday, June 12th. OH yeah, found a place too. Deerfield Town Hall on S.R. 14 in Deerfield. Things were dictated by the availability of facilities in this area. Had to keep it close for me to handle details on a 'time budget'. Is there such a thing as a 'time budget'?

All interested parties are welcome, plants or not. If you have a plant (or several) to bring you will be able to participate in the plant swap end of things. If you have no plants don't feel you can't come visit. Folks over the PA or WV borders are welcome as well. We are located within an hour or so of WV and less than an hour from PA.

There will be door prizes and other interesting features. I'm working on setting up a demonstation or talk. We will try to keep it short. :) Possibly on scented oils or soaps or something like that. It's not a firm thing yet. There may be a small charge for materials if there is a 'Make it and take it' demo, but only if you want to participate. You are still welcome to watch and listen. Will definately need a number on people if we are to provide materials for such a demo.

There will be extra goodies for those of you just starting out. Not sure if it will be seeds or plants or exactly what yet but no one should go home empty handed. Anyone that has extras that they are willing to share I'm sure they would be much appreciated. I always have plants in excess to share from my garden. In fact I'm working on them now!

There will be a covered dish lunch as well. Please let me know in advance what category of food you will be fixing. The exact dish isn't necessary but I don't want all salads or all desserts . . . well maybe some of us do but, you know what I mean. You may want to bring your beverage if you have a preference. Paper plates, cups and plastic eating utensils will be provided as well as some type of beverage. Please bring a serving utensil for your covered dish and PLEASE mark your dishes/utensils with your name. Self stick labels (office type) work well as do self stick return address labels. I sometimes use those self stick Tupperware labels.

If you could reply here to this post with interest in this event I would be grateful. Walk-ins will be welcome as well, it would just help with set up and other things if I have half an idea of what I'm expecting. Besides it matters to the Township how many people I'm having. The hall is brand new and very spacious. It's just that they charge according to how many people are in attendance. I'm trying to start a local garden club with this event as well so I'm sure we'll have a percentage of local folks in attendance.

There will be more specific info later for those replying to this post. If you can make it, it should be fun, even for a 1st annual deal such as this.

As this is a first for me, any suggestions or ideas are welcome. If you've done one of these before you most likley know what works (or just as important, what doesn't work). Hope to see some of you there (here)!

Stardust

Comments (6)