SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mersiepoo

My jasmine - does it want a divorce or what???

mersiepoo
17 years ago

Arabian Tea was a beautiful plant when it arrived in the mail. Happy and cheerful, it gleefully bounded out of the carton onto my window sill where it commenced to bloom for me a week after it's cardboard incarceration. All summer we had a lovely relationship, it would give me sweet smelling flowers, and I would give it the occasional water and fertilizer. It even put out new growth for me with no complaints. Only one time did it fuss when I forgot to water it. I apologized profusely and it graciously forgave me. Those were the salad days.

Fast forward about 7 months.

I don't know how our relationship got on the rocks, specifically. Some psychotherapists would call it a 'bad environment', others might blame me for changing things without telling my jasmine beforehand. Whatever I did, it started resenting me. To be fair, I did have to alter its living accomodations. I decreased the room temperature and lighting. I think I put it in shock, but it didn't say anything. It started dropping hints and leaves, which I took as passive agressive behavior. It refused to give me any flowers at all. I still gave it a 'peace offering' of water, and even misted its leaves because of the lack of humidity. I even gave it a plant pal by letting it roost next to my water logged papyrus plant. All to no avail. Every time I would water it (I even made sure it was dry first and let the water drain! I swear!), its leaves would just dry up and fall off. They didn't turn black, they just stayed green and crispy and fell off.

So what do you think? I suspect it's getting interested in the papyrus plant....

I think I'm going to either start drinking profusely or GET A GARDENIA and really let myself be miserable.

Comments (7)