SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Whatcha' got blooming?

What is looking good and/or blooming in your garden right now? I've got a couple areas I would like to put some more late summer to fall bloomers in and thought I would get some good ideas here ;-)

This is what is blooming and looking good now in my own garden:

Anemeone 'Robustissima'- I have mine in almost full shade. The flower stems do flop some (over the back of a patio chair), but I think it is kind of charming, lol. Plus being in the shade makes it grow super big and lush.

Later blooming phlox, like 'Nora Leigh' and 'David'.

Heleniums- a fav of mine! 'Mardi Gras' is churning out a second spurt of blooms. 'Coppelia' and 'Zimblestern' should put on a few more flowers if I go out there and do a bit of deadheading.

Ornamental grasses for sure

Sedums, especially that gorgeous 'Matrona'.

Joe Pye Weeds

Russian Sage

NE Aster...well maybe 'looking good' isnt' the best term since it seems to have Asters yellows this year, LOL.

August Lily (hosta plantaginea) wonderful scent!

Helianthus 'Flore Plena'

Not perennial, but the cannas and corn (yes, corn!)look so fresh and vibrant right now, what with so many other things fading. I planted what was supposed to be ornamental variegated corn, but it turned out to be green. Not terrible though, since the foliage is bright green and the tassels are neat.

What looks good in your garden right now?

This is a picture friendly zone! If you have some you would like to post feel free...I know we would all like to see ;0)

CMK

Comments (17)

Sponsored