SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some blooms today.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I was surprised to see some blooms open today as I toured the garden.

LAVAFLOW. I moved this into the plateau last August because it wasn't blooming well in its old spot. I love the color and face of this Frank Smith daylily. Wish the scape was taller.

Right next to it up in the Plateau is TENNESSEE AFTERGLOW. I moved this one up there last August also as I didn't even get a bloom from it last year. I was surprised at how pretty the flower is. I love the eye.

SUNNY SPOT. a 2008 intro that never bloomed for me last year. I really like this happy looking flower also.

FFO on NORTHERN TREASURE a Korth intro.

MINSTRLS FIRE

This is probably a very poor placement of this daylily, NORTHERN NOCTURN. The slugs seem to love it and the color is so close to the Jacqueline lilies planted next to it that I never notice its blooms.

{{gwi:625812}}

Jacqueline Asiatic Lilies

{{gwi:697854}}

Lots more to come, a shot of part of the backyard. Last year I was very displeased with this new bed. Not displeased with the daylily flowers in it, they were lovely when they bloomed. I just thought the bed needed lots more work. But I expanded it for this year and added lots of daylilies so am pleased this year with its looks. Plus I added two flats of snapdragons for some early and hopefully later also color.

A section of the side of my driveway.

{{gwi:626021}}

A shot of some roses right off my patio. When I sit at the computer and turn to my left to look out my window, this is what I see. The pink rose (The Fairy) never stops blooming until frost once it starts up in the spring.

{{gwi:297286}}

Couldn't resist adding this backyard landscape shot. I was really busy yesterday as I had my regular landscape crew that does all my walls and "projects" over to move some shrubs and really big roses.

It kinda looks like one rose now but there is a rose been there years to the right of the cherry tree. In the middle of the picture blending in to the other, is the more than 6 feet tall and wide CAREFREE DELIGHT shrub rose moved from the sideyard front to the back yard yesterday. This is along in that garden bed that I enlarged by putting down the edger pavers and laying newspaper and leaf mulch right over the grass. When this is done its going to be a sort of combo bed as it has roses, daylilies, lilles and other things in it and I plan to add more. Moving in the big shrub rose just really tied it all together.

Comments (21)