SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709318

Fruit Nut Citrus Fertilizer Spikes on Figs

User
14 years ago

Good day, I would like to start a thread to see if anyone uses any Fruit Nut Citrus Fertilizer Spikes on their Fig trees. If so, what type do you use, Jobes, Vigoro, or Miracle Grow? About 3 years ago, I bought some and used them on 3 of my container fig trees and they did great! My trees are very healthy, produced a lot of figs and all got ripe at the same time producing 2 crops a year. The problem is I can not remember which type I used. I am pretty sure it was either Vigoro or MG because in my area Jobes are very hard to find. The NPK for these spikes are: Jobes (9,12,12) Vigoro (12,5,8) and MG (10,15,15). We all know figs have to have potassium so I am thinking it was MG but I am not sure. This year I plan on getting technical and plan on creating a database and tracking the fig type, photos, age, purchased from, height, container size, temperature, weather, growth, watering, pH, and fertilizer and see what type of results I get. I read Herman2's thread about using triple phosphates on his figs and how his figs really took off and produced a lot of figs. I have never used the stuff but I have some and may trying it on a few trees next year. Anyway have you guys ever used spikes for your container fig trees? thanks in advance, Dennis aka Snag

Comments (10)