SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herman2_gw

Col de Dame white!!!!!,:Best Tasting fig,Known to me!!!!

herman2_gw
17 years ago

I Had Two Ripe Figs of this cultivar-Today September 09 2006.

Me and My wife had a shocking Surprise as of How good this fig was tasting.

This fig was a cutting from UCR DAvis California.I Rooted it in Spring 2005,from cuttings received in January 2005.

In the "Ira Condit HILGARDIA" the fig is described as with an large open eye ,subjiect to insect infestation,and splitting.

It is also described as having an insipid taste.

But In Robert Hog "1887-FIGS IN ENGLAND"it is described corectly exactly as it is and his remarks are:It is one of the most delicious fig in cultivation.

And That is why i ordered it.And Now I want to do Justice to this wonderfull fig.

It is so good that thow i had tasted about 30 varieties of figs till now ,not one was better than COL DE DAME.

And it has the potential to get even better because these two fruits were getting ripe Last 10 days out of wich about five was raining and three were cloudy.

IT ALSO DID NOT SPLIT AT ALL HAS A VERY SMALL EYE,IS NOT INSIPID,INSECT COULD NOT GET IN IT,AND IT HAS THE MOST FLAVORFULL SWEETEST PULP,SKIN AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN,OF ALL FIGS I TASTED TO NOW,bEST OF ALL IT IS AVALABLE AT ucdavis_california AND NO FIG LOVER SHOULD BE WITHOUT IT.

It makes me doubt more and more how sincere and true some books are written.

Comments (21)