SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catankgirl

Hi, ID Q, and transplant Q

catankgirl
16 years ago

Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself and my fig tree. lol I never would have guessed there would be a forum just for fig trees, but then again, I never would have guessed that I'd like fig trees before we bought a house that had one, but they are actually quite yummy, no matter what my friends say. ;)

So here is my tree. I'm wondering if anyone knows the variety. Not that I even know enough that it would mean anything to me, but it would be cool if I could know and sound like I know what I'm talking about, right?

Some fig shots...

And finally, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on transplanting this baby fig tree? I want to give it to my friend that also actually likes figs, yes, I found one! I'm very fortunate to live in a very mild climate, but I'm wondering if I should try to transfer it to a pot now, or wait until spring. I thought I'd wait to give it to her to see if it survives and winter and being transplanted, I just didn't know which to try first. Thanks! Here it is nestled among a volunteer tomato plant. Who says being sloppy doesn't pay off?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022