SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Too hot to garden, so write, post pix, etc.

DYH
16 years ago

If I've got to sit inside in the a/c, I might as well write about gardening and post pictures! I've been busy updating my blog (twice this week because I had time). A friend even talked me into posting on the HGTV Rate My Space. Not sure I like the rating system, but there are a lot of photos. I posted all the new conflowers that I planted this year -- Harvest Moon, Sunset, Sundown, Ruby Star.

I watered everything thoroughly, but the leaves can't take the heat. My poor brug and impatiens are just weeping. :-( I think this is like a convection oven! It's 5:33pm and it's 103 degrees outside!

I got a really nasty wasp sting Monday evening when I was watering. I don't usually water at night due to mildew, but it seemed that it was better to let the plants soak up some water. My last sting was when I was in the 4th grade and had to go to the ER for it! I'm now 53, so I guess it was time. I didn't have a bad reaction, just a 4 inch swollen red welt (still) on my arm. The wasps are mean in this heat!

What are YOU doing when you can't garden?

Y'all stay cool!

Cameron

Comments (21)

Sponsored