SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

Why snow is cool.

dansgrdn
16 years ago

This is probably not particularly on topic and I kind of wish the conifer forum had a conversation forum similar to other forums on garden web, because I would place this post in that category. I've never been a big fan of winter. I like planting things, searching nurseries for plants and spending time in the garden, especially after work, in the early evening. Winter usually keeps me from doing all of these things. This time of year it gets dark about 4:30 PM. Tonight after watching the Chicago Bears fail miserably once again, I decided to go outside. The reflected light from the newly fallen snow made the yard as bright as an overcast day. The contrast of the branches of my conifers and their snowy frosting was amazing. I don't think there is any type of plant that looks better dressed in a coat of snow. A few more evenings like this and I might start to rethink my attitude on winter. Crunch, crunch, stop and silence, its a different world on a snowy night in December and I like it. Dan

Comments (11)