SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blue23rose

I've been influenced by all of you :)

blue23rose
14 years ago

Having visited this forum has given me insight to a lot of the virtues of many different cultivars. It also helps to see actual garden pictures to see the true colors. So you are all responsible for that and for steering me away from some of those that don't work so well. I want to give you a big Thank You!

I went to the open gardens at Lakeside Daylilies in Lynnville, Indiana yesterday and this is what I came home with:

SOUTH SEAS (saw several pictures of this posted here and oooohed and awwwed each time.

BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS-same thing.

FOOLED ME - my daughter picked out this one

As a gift from Lea Ann and Don, I got HANK WILLIAMS. I was so shocked when I looked in the bag. I mentioned that I like HW, but didn't think anything about a free gift. Then I realized that Lea Ann heard me say that and she had it dug for me. I had been admiring it for over a year now and wanted it because my Dad loved Hank Williams, Sr.

Several others that will be dug in the fall for me are:

PRIMAL SCREAM (yes, you guys are soooo guilty of this one!)

SEMINOLE WIND

SPACECOAST GATOR EYE

ELECTRIC MARMALADE MAGIC

MALACHITE PRISM

WOLF EYES (in honor of my mother's maiden name)

LAW AND ORDER (for my son who wants to be a cop and for my son-in-law who is)

If the weather's good, I will probably be going back next weekend to look around again. It's like a drug that you can't get enough of. But heck, the season only lasts so long, so we have to get it while we can, right?

Vickie

Comments (3)