SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

I've not been here in awhile - but all is well! :))

sibhskylvr
14 years ago

Hi all!

Yes! I'm still alive! :)) Hoping I'm not forgotten!

It's been a busy - busy summer!

I'm hoping everyone is doing GREAT!! :)) Hoping the Brugs & other plants are making everyone's summer a happy one!

I've missed everyone! Hoping to be around more often as the summer progresses! And it looks like I have ALOT of catching up to do!

I think this will probably be a LONG post - so bear with me! lol!

A few months ago I smashed my right 'pinkie' at work and it was hanging by a thread! Luckily I had a good ortho surgeon! You can't even tell anything happened now! I'm thankful for that!

Central air went out - had to work ALOT of overtime to pay for a new central air & heating unit! But they're in and working! I guess that's a good thing!

'Tehya' has grown like a WEED! And yes - there are pics! :))

I've taken hundreds of pics throughout the summer & I'll try to upload them to photobucket & get them posted!

I've started container growing some of the Brugs. Still have about 80 planted in the ground! It's been terrible as far as the water bill goes!

Lucy - I see you're still doing the POTD! Yay! Good for you! Can't wait to check ALL of them out! lol! Hope your summer is going well for you! :))

Marian - See the beautiful 'rig' my neighbor parked at the back of my fence line!! (It's in a few of the following pics!) He's not changed a bit! I've had to look at it for almost the entire summer!

Karyn - I've got a couple of the 'white' passion flowers growing in a pot for you. When the weather gets a little cooler - they'll be on the way to you!

Theresa - Your little nephew is growing strong! There's a pic somewhere in this post of him! No buds yet - but hopefully SOON!!

Karen - Your 'Cup of Gold' is doing great - no blooms yet! Maybe this year! :)

Joyce - I got your emails. I'm sorry for the loss of your two babies! My heart goes out to you - as I've been there myself. Remember Arrant? Not a day goes by that I don't think of him! A tight hug to you!

Kristy - Your 'plumie' is still growing - but no blooms yet! It's hard to believe I've had it for darn near two years! There's a pic of it somewhere in this mess of pics!

Msbatt & Jill (jillybean1977) - I've got rooted cutings for the both of you! When the weather gets a little cooler - they'll be on the way. Will probably add a few unrooted cuttings as well! I've not forgotten either of you! :)

On with a few pics!

{{gwi:526395}}

Australian Tree Fern

{{gwi:526396}}

{{gwi:440835}}

{{gwi:440836}}

{{gwi:440838}}

'Angel's Exotic!' She's quickly becoming one of my favorites!

{{gwi:526397}}

{{gwi:526398}}

{{gwi:526399}}

{{gwi:526400}}

{{gwi:526401}}

{{gwi:526402}}

'Tehya' - my little Princess! She's still got a lot of growing to do!

{{gwi:526403}}

{{gwi:526404}}

{{gwi:526405}}

{{gwi:526406}}

{{gwi:526408}}

{{gwi:526410}}

{{gwi:526412}}

{{gwi:526416}}

Just a few pics of the front! It's been one year the 4th of August! I remember when there was nothing (to speak of) planted in the yard when we bought the place. And Kristy! Did you notice your 'plumie' in the second pic from the bottom? Look up girl - look up! lol! She has gotten bigger! :)

{{gwi:526420}}

{{gwi:526422}}

{{gwi:526423}}

Karma's Datura - Black 2nd Generation! The smell is heavenly! Thanks for the seed Karma!!

{{gwi:526424}}

{{gwi:526425}}

{{gwi:526426}}

{{gwi:526427}}

Karma's Datura - White 2nd Generation! If you happen to get a chance to get some seed of this one from Karma - get it!! It smells like nothing I've ever smelled before! lol! Thanks for the seed Karma!

{{gwi:525978}}

{{gwi:525979}}

Mixed 'Four O'clocks!' And you can almost see the new central air unit! lol! It sure beats the 32 year old 'Rheem' - that used to be sitting there!

{{gwi:526428}}

Karen's (gardenpaw) "Cup of Gold" (Solandra maxima) that she sent me two years ago! Hopefully some blooms this year!

{{gwi:526429}}

Theresa's nephew! He's going strong! Hoping he'll bloom this year! :)

{{gwi:525963}}

{{gwi:525964}}

{{gwi:525965}}

White Passion Flower!

{{gwi:526430}}

{{gwi:526431}}

{{gwi:526432}}

{{gwi:526433}}

{{gwi:526434}}

{{gwi:526436}}

{{gwi:526437}}

{{gwi:526438}}

{{gwi:526439}}

{{gwi:526440}}

{{gwi:526441}}

{{gwi:526448}}

{{gwi:526452}}

{{gwi:526456}}

{{gwi:526459}}

Various Morning Glories!

Well - that's it for tonight! :) I'll try to add more in the next couple of days!

'Xena' & 'Ecuador Pink' are about to open - finally! Many have buds & I'll get pics as they bloom! :)

One of the German brugs is almost there! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The 'Double Dark Rosetta' has three buds that should be open by the weekend! Yippee! She's dropped nine buds for no apparent reason! Maybe she doesn't like America! :)

I lost four of the six German cuttings - but I'm happy to have two of them that made it through the winter! lol!

'Superspot' is the other one that made it! Slow grower though! We'll see what happens with him as the summer progresses!

I hope everyone has a great night - if anyone's awake at this hour! Have a good day tomorrow!

Hugs & tight squeezes to the fur-babies! :)

Love you guys!

Mike

Comments (13)