SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okieladybug

Wannabe gardener needs help!

okieladybug
17 years ago

Dayle Ann suggested I post here to get help with my yard. I know NOTHING about gardening, but I really want that wild, country cottage look to my yard and home. I've worked on the inside for the last year, now DH and I are turning our attention outside. So far, we've ripped out the concrete pad in front of the porch and are slowly replacing it with a brick path. We will eventually (read: next year sometime) replace the chainlink fence with a white privacy fence (the lattice top ones from Lowe's). We will be residing the garage next year also and when we do, we'll repaint the house to match. We've picked a light bluish-gray color. The trim will be white and the new screen door will be red to match the front door. The porch will be stained a dark walnut.

Any suggestions for adding cottage appeal to the yard? What should I do this fall to prepare my yard for spring? I really want lots of flowers, but don't know if that's possible. The front yard faces north, but is in full shade until 5pm. It's back in shade around 7pm.

Remember, I know NOTHING about gardening. You'll have to tell me what to buy, where to plant it, how to care for it, etc.

Thanks in advance for all your help...I'm sure you'll be able to get me going on a plan that will work!

BTW, the pics of the inside of the house are about a year old...it looks much better now! ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: My Home Photos

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH