sweetannie4u

Went to Town & Brought Home 3 Black Cows

Annie
13 years ago

...er...Black Kows, that is.

Black Gold...

Composted Moo Poo...

Texas Style.

This is my testament about the Black Kow composted cow manure.

On Saturday, I went to Lowe's and found they finally had bags of Black Kow I had been looking for this past year. I bought three bags to try out in the garden and see if I liked it. Straight away I liked how heavy each bag was. That told me that it wasn't composted peat with a bit of manure, but composted manure. I need heavy material to add to my soil so it doesn't leach out.

That evening, I added just a little of that heavy, black stuff around some of my most afflicted plants and watered it in. It was like magic! Overnight there was such a difference, even in this horrible heat and no rain for weeks. I could hardly believe it!

On Sunday, I doped up more plants and watered it into the soil. Same thing happened. Overnight the plants went from limp and puny to perky and full.

Wow!

So every evening since I have been out distributing more Black Kow around other plants and in my pot plants every where, and watering it in. My soil is pure silty sand - you can blow the topsoil away like talcum powder and the under layers are like concrete - hard, alkaline soil. There was no need to dig it into the topsoil - just water and it soaked right down in the dirt around my plants.

Despite the 100+ degree temps and no rain for weeks now, there has been significant improvement. Nothing else I have ever added or done made any significant or lasting difference, but this stuff really works!

The plants I doctored on Saturday are already making new leaves and flowers. I am totally serious. The ones I doctored on Sunday were beginning to recover and make new growth today. The ones that were fried or wilted are perky and looking renewed! The roses that lost all their leaves and were on the verge of kicking it, have new growth and coming back to life. Unbelievable!!

I will be going back to Lowe's this coming weekend to get as much of that stuff to get four more bags and then as soon as I can, I will be getting another load. At only $4.29 per 50lb bag, it is pure gold and a doable price for my teeny garden budget.

Many thanks to those who posted about that stuff on several topics this past year. (See? I was paying attention).

Thank you all so much!

That stuff is a miracle answer for fixing my pathetic soil that leaches out constantly. If I can get enough of it dug into the existing worthless dirt, I may not have to work so hard, water so much and feel hopeful that I will be able to get more out of what I grow. Good dirt - good plants.

Long may the Texas cows poop and the Black Kow company remain!!! And may they never change their formula!

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

~Annie

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County