SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floota

Around the garden on June 14

floota
14 years ago

Lots of pics today - we're still two weeks away from peak, but many of the EEs and E bloomers are in their glory.

Early perennials are showing off too. Here are a few garden shots from this weekend:

Looking back to fountain, you can see not many daylilies are blooming yet.

{{gwi:792938}}

Border view:

{{gwi:792940}}

And looking to back corner:

{{gwi:792942}}

A couple of old favorites:

ORNAMENTAL FOCUS:

{{gwi:792943}}

and Jan Joiner's unique FIREFLY FRENZY:

{{gwi:792945}}

Some of the daylilies blooming are blue eyed ones like - BLUEBIRD BUTTERFLY:

{{gwi:792948}}

I did a double take on BARN OWL, and had to check that the scape was coming from the correct clump! The bloom is larger and the color darker and more intense than I've ever seen it in the past 4 years. We've been in drought until this year, but lots of rain has changed the appearance of this one!

{{gwi:792951}}

It took 3 tries (I'm stubborn) to get IN THE NAVY to live and grow here. It is finally a small clump. Doesn't have a spectacular bud count - I suspect it is at the edge of its Northern hardiness.

{{gwi:792953}}

I love patterned daylilies. Here are a few that have been showing off. MARSEILLES WATERCOLOR:

{{gwi:792955}}

CALIFORNIA BLUES:

{{gwi:792958}}

STAR CHILD:

{{gwi:792961}}

Also have a weakness for green throats. Margo Reed's DANCES WITH GIRAFFES had FFO this morning:

{{gwi:792964}}

The incredible ROSE F. KENNEDY leaves me weak-kneed!

{{gwi:792966}}

And a couple of new ones to the garden - from the Rices, ARNETTE ZAPEL, a good purple:

First bloom on FRINGY - it had been beaten up by a rainstorm, so hope to get a better pic later this season:

First bloom on TALLADEGA - not the fire engine red I expected, but a rose red ( which is how Pat registered it.) However, it looks exactly like the blooms at Floyd Cove, so I suspect this is how it looks:

{{gwi:792973}}

WATER DROPS had also been beaten up by a storm, so I hope it will look better later on:

{{gwi:792976}}

Way too many pics, but thanks for looking!

Comments (17)