SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scully931

What will you do differently next year?

scully931
13 years ago

I don't like to get ahead of myself and we certainly should be enjoying THIS year's garden. Still, I can't help thinking of what I'll do differently next year.

A lot of my changes will come with my veggie garden.

1. No more tomatoes in the ground! Too much trouble. All going in Topsy Turveys next year. I've had great success with that.

2. Only plant vegetables I actually like to eat. :-P

3. Don't underestimate how many seeds from any given packet will actually grow. I have five million baby carrots and about the same amount of radishes in a three foot area.

As for other things:

1. More mid-summer bloomers. After my lupine and the like is done I have about a three week period where not much is blooming.

2. Give up on watering systems. Either hold the hose or use my little five dollar sprayer from Home Depot.

3. Mulch more of my trecherous hillside so I don't kill myself weedwacking.

4. Don't listen to neighbor. Re: trecherous hillside. He has been trying for three years to get me to use his lawnmower instead of my weedwacker. Finally, I relented. (I've only ever used a push mower and had no idea how to mow with his gas powered one) He brought it over, said 'push this and it goes automatically up the hill' and left. I got to the top of the hill and the thing kept going down the other side. I couldn't stop it! It's funny to picture, but seriously, I almost died. I was about two feet from going head over heels over the rock wall and landing on top of his mower. Luckily, both the mower and I stopped in time. Ugh!

So... how about you? What are some things you'll do differently next year?

Comments (16)

Sponsored