SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

New Half Round Terraced Planters Finially Done! -pics

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Wednesday the new half round planter boxes that were planned to be added to the section in the front yard with the bigger half round planter boxes were finished. I had had the blocks now for at least two weeks and was waiting for my guys to show up and do the work.

I moved some roses, especially two really big ones, afew weeks back and that same day shubs were moved out of one of the planterboxes and roses moved in. I have one more rose to relocate into the top old planterbox and these new planters get new roses that I have bought.

Just to the right of the roses in the old bigger half round planterboxes is the slopped front yard with the daylily section.

{{gwi:311627}}

{{gwi:311628}}

{{gwi:311629}}

While they were digging they dug up this BIG rock!!

{{gwi:311630}}

Then if you look to the left of the new planterboxes you see the rather steep slope at the side of my driveway. This grass has to be cut with a weedwackers, much to steep for a mower.

I wanted to put daylilies on this steep unterraced slope. I since figgured out that it would never work because you could not leave bare ground and wait for the two fans you normally get to fill in. I needed clumps and I did not have them. Well, its 2 years later and guess what? I have clumps now!!!!

So I intend to start putting clumps of daylilies along this section of hill, starting at the very top of course. I intend to move the entire last row out of the plateau in back and some other switcheroos that I have in mind. I know I have said it before but I am the queen of moving things around!

{{gwi:311632}}

Along the very top of the little annual garden, I intend to put a single row of roses running along the driveway.

{{gwi:311633}}

{{gwi:311634}}

Heres the little annual garden from the lawn view.

{{gwi:311635}}

Here are some pictures of the longer view showing roses and daylilies.

These pictures taken from more further back should give you a view of whats there and an idea of how whats planned to be there should look in the future. You should also get a better idea of what my vision is for this entire section of front yard by getting the longer view. It is far less terraced and far less formal than the other side of the front yard but I really like the way its all starting to come together.

{{gwi:311636}}

{{gwi:311637}}

{{gwi:311638}}

Then yesterday I planted roses in the three little planterboxes. Got more in there than I thought I might yesterday but the amount I had thought to do before the planters were finished.

It turned out really well, I spread out some grass seed after the planting and as soon as the roses settle in and the grass grows, its going to look fantastic.

I have one rose in the smallest, two in the second and three in the third and biggest planter. With just having the roses in there it already looks good. When they grow alittle, it will be great.

I still have to move the bigger rose into the top (third one) of the older three half round planters and then that rose grouping will be done.

I am really pleased with myself over this.

{{gwi:311639}}

{{gwi:311640}}

{{gwi:311642}}

{{gwi:311643}}

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus