SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

I went for 'Gold Falme' honeysuckle, came home with these -

janepa
13 years ago

I previously asked about overwintering a bougainvillea trained as a standard and anemone. The anemone got a 'go for it' and the bougainvillea got a 'no go'. I really appreciated the honesty of the sales people at the garden center about the 'bougie'. They agreed with the 'no save and show next summer'.

Well here is what I came home with -

Do you think DH will notice that the weeds in the cart have morphed?

This is some of what I bought today in place of the $75. bougainvillea - anemone (3 colors - Prince Henry-rose pink, Whirlwind-white, and an unknown white w/pink tint); Rose of Sharon shrub-Aphrodites (not in cart; aster dumosus Sapphire; aster New England Vibrant Dome-raspberry pink; false dragonhead 'Vivid', butterfly weed, and 'Gold Flame' honeysuckle.

{{gwi:253574}}

Do you know the name of this anemone?

{{gwi:253577}}
An hibiscus I saved from Lowe's neglect.

{{gwi:253579}}

And the following photos are some of my favorites this year.

Clematis - John Paul II (I really like the underside) sharing a trellis with . . .

{{gwi:253581}}

Clematis Inspiration. I know JP is a type 2, and Inspiration is a type 3, but I think we will be okay.

{{gwi:253583}}

A annual - a new color of cosmos in my garden which really brightens it's area. They are so easy and forgiving of some neglect.

{{gwi:253584}}

Sorry this got so long. I think I covered about 4 or 5 different forums with this one post.

Thank you.Jane

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!