SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

last minute planting/ a reaally good day+pics

dansgrdn
17 years ago

Some of you will probably think I'm crazy for planting this late, especially when you see what I planted, but I had a great day and thought I would share it with the forum. Most of my time not working is spent watching my triplet 3 year olds, so I have very little free time. Last week my mom said I looked like I needed a break and offered to watch the girls today. Needless to say I didn't so no. I considered several options for my free time, but decided that what would benifit the most was a last minute conifer holiday. Knowing that there were deals to be had, I headed out to two local nurseries. This is what I came back with:

{{gwi:838411}}

{{gwi:838414}}

{{gwi:838417}}

{{gwi:838421}}

{{gwi:838423}}

with discounts,

Pinus thunbergii 'Banshosho' $47.00

Pinus thunbergii 'Thunderhead' $51.00

Pinus parviflora 'Arnold Arboretum Dwarf' $49.00

(the splurge) Picea orientalis 'Skylands' $199.00

A day or relaxation persuing my passion-- priceless!

All are in the ground watered and mulched. I'm especially pleased with the location of the 'Skylands'. It should get sun from sunnrise until around 1:00 pm and has wind protection from my house and the neighbors house from the North, South and West. Three Spireas were sacrificed in the planting of these plants and I won't miss them a bit. Up until this point I kept my conifer mania restricted to the back and side yards until today. Now that the front yard landscape has been "liberated" the ideas are really flowing. Anyway, hope you enjoy the post. Here are a couple more photos taken two days ago of my other 'Skylands', Pinus densiflora 'Rata Gold' and a little seasonal color.

{{gwi:838426}}

{{gwi:838427}}

Dan

Comments (40)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company