SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Gold Strike,Jacobsen Aurea,Lundells Red Needle,Mountain Dew,Mucro

Picea abies ÂGold Strike .. holding some nice color late in the year .... when it gets some size.. it should be stunning ....

{{gwi:824955}}

Picea abies 'Jacobsen Aurea' .. gee's has a spectacular one.. again.. its a size thing ....

{{gwi:824958}}

Picea abies 'Lundell's Red Needle' ... this thing is way more aggressive than i prefer.. new buds and growth in spring comes out a dirty blood red... for about an hour ... lol ... i am hoping with age.. and a cool spring.. it will hold its color a bit longer ... regardless of he extreme cost.. it may be growing too fast for it location .. it might have to go ....

{{gwi:824960}}

Picea abies 'Mountain Dew' .. do i really have to tell you what the spring color is on this one????

{{gwi:824962}}

Picea abies 'Mucronata' .. this is just one weird little babe .... cool ... ken

{{gwi:824964}}

Comments (3)

• conifers
    16 years ago

Thanks for all the photos ken Keep em coming.

Dax

• picea
    16 years ago

Hi Ken,
    How does your Picea Abies Gold Strike compare to Skylands for color? It looks nice in the photo.

I have Crusita and it to grows like a weed. Second year in the ground from a small BB and in drought conditions it put on well over 1' of growth. Much more than any other spuce and similar to my Cedrus D. Karl Fuchs. Its color also last about an hour here to.

David

• treelover3
    15 years ago

Hey Ken,
    I won Picea abies 'Jacobsen Aurea' at the ACS meeting, in Dubuque, IA., via the silent auction. Is 'Jacobsen Aurea' a full-sized tree or is it smaller? How large is Gee's tree? (H x W? and do you know the age of their tree?) How much growth has your tree put on each year? Gee's donated this tree to the silent auction. The color on the tree is spectacular.
    Thanks for any help,
    Mike
    tl³