SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
friend_gw

well its time for my roses to shine! lots of pics!!

15 years ago

OK everyone..Well I have been slow to post my pics so far, so here we go.. In chronological order ( irises then roses!)

First- my boy who LOVES the birdbath:

Next- the mad Irises!! I have FAR TOO MANY AND WILL BE DIVIDING!! the pictures dont show it well but i had over 100 in this one little area and they are flopping over cuz they are too crowded! So my NJ friends ( a2z- you are close- still havent hesard from you!)

Pop on by and you can have some!!

then the beautiful peony. One of three and the only one that ever blooms?? What the ???! and it's gorgeous and ofcourse once again i never staked it so the rain crushed it but i managed to get this pics for you all of the new bloom getting tossed to the ground.. they are huge double flowers and very heavy!

Now for the roses.. here's the entire bed ( the irises have expired and i have chopped them all down because they had fallen over and made such a mess. i brought them inside in vases.Just threw them out yesterday.

closer up you can see the allium about to bust open behind them and my favorite little birdie ornament!

and here is an individual shot of each

first bloomed the "carefreesunshine".. it's a sub-zero type rose.

next was the Easy Going

then came my Golden Celbration and it really is doign sooo much better this year. this is only the start of the third season for all these roses.

OK- so I'd really love everyone's opinions on this area..actually. I may have to show you more pictures of the complete view of it.. all you were talkign color combining lately and i am woindering if i'm just not thinking about thatg enough? I have a wine and roses weigelia in bloom behind these right now.. and the grass. and I just put in a joe pye for height behind the bench.. which will be pink..

I dunno...i it ok to have yellow and pinks??? they wont necessarily bloom at the same time anyway but may have overlap./ there are some yellow and peach day lillies that will open soon at the base of the fountain.

I never meant to make this bed all yellowy peach..?

the yellow roses were for my dog Friend.. that's where that came from..

ok- enough rambling.. critique away!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations