SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

Star Dust,Schotti Gold,Prince Rupprechtii,Diana,Wolterdingen

Juniperus squamata 'Star Dust' .. the color combo is just stunning.. very slow growing.... burn is much less on the white tissue in the second and third years ....

{{gwi:691115}}

Juniperus virginiana 'Schotti Gold' .. took a beating in the heat wave ....

{{gwi:823702}}

sold as Larix dahuria 'Prince Rupprechtii' .. another name.. that only resin could love .... Larix principis-rupprechtii (syn. L. gmelinii var. principis-rupprechtii).. all the larix.. the larches.. took a beating this year ....

{{gwi:823703}}

Larix kaempferi 'Diana'

{{gwi:823704}}

Larix kaempferi 'Wolterdingen'

{{gwi:823705}}

Comments (7)

• Jennifer Schwarz
    16 years ago

Wow Ken, I love your 'Star Dust' I have had that one on my wishlist. Now it has been moved to my must have list. Thanks for posting. Great stuff!

• conifers
    16 years ago

Same comment. That 'Star Dust' is nice.

Thanks!

Dax

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yeah.. another great old hippie name.. but this time.. on a nice plant ...

We are stardust
    We are golden
    And we've got to get ourselves
    Back to the garden

.. whatever ... sober up .. and grow up .. lol ...

full words at link below.. ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• pineresin
    16 years ago

"Larix principis-rupprechtii"

Yeah, I reckon it is best treated as a species; cones distinctly larger and with more scales than L. gmelinii, and with a disjunct range separated by about 1000km.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLarix gmeliniiÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Larix principis-rupprechtii

Resin

• useyourloaf
    16 years ago

I like the larches. I know people in zone 5 and 6 would like to grow cedrus. But every time i see larix it reminds me so much of cedar. I can't grow larches.

• Embothrium
    16 years ago

The larch cultivar is spelled 'Diane'.

• Embothrium
    16 years ago

Presumably originating as a yellow sport on Juniperus virginiana 'Schottii', the specimen shown appears as a more strongly yellow version of J. chinensis 'Aurea' in above picture. It is even burning in full exposure, in the same manner as that cultivar.

Since the name given here combines a Latin cultivar name and a non-Latin one, it may be considered illegitimate and needing to be replaced. If first used after Jan. 1959 it would probably be illegitimate merely for containing a Latin name as part of the cultivar name.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting