SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

St. Mary's Broom,Stanley Gold,Sunshine,Theum,Thomsen

Picea pungens 'St. Mary's Broom' .. really, really nice.. saw a mature one at hidden lakes ...

{{gwi:691109}}

Picea pungens 'Stanley Gold'.. looked sickly for years.. as many of the yellows do when they are small .. looking chlorotic all the time.. finally getting some size.. and showing its true colors

{{gwi:822940}}

Picea pungens 'Sunshine'.. had problems in its life.. finally looking like it is 'established' ....

{{gwi:822941}}

Picea pungens 'Theum' .. or is it Thuem ... please let me know.. so i can change the database this time ...

{{gwi:691107}}

Picea pungens 'Thomsen'.. said to be different than hoopsii ... i can NOT tell them apart.. though they are now big enough that i could actually sacrifice a branch and carry it over to the other ...maybe someday ... ken

{{gwi:736442}}

Comments (4)

• 16 years ago

That last one is beautiful!

• 16 years ago

Ooh Ken I just noticed something non conifer related in that last pic.
    On the right I see you have a variegated Kerria japonica, and it looks like its reverting-you might want to cut the green branches out.

• 16 years ago

B. Fincham calls them 'St. Mary' and 'Thuem'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dwarf Colorado Spruces

• 16 years ago

yep.. and its free range .. struggling in sand.. no water.. and full sun ...

if i walk by with the pruners.. or shovel.. and focus on it.. i will fix it.. if not.. oh well ... its kinda meandering around that area.. i doubt that shoot will take it over...

very observant ... ken