SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

'Verdonii',Snow,'Bright Gold','Curly Tops','Aureovariegata'

ahhhh .. to live vicariously .....

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Verdonii' .. saw a proper spelling in another post.. refresh my recollection and i will correct the database .... though the problem will be that all the pix will retain the improper name.. unless i can chase down all the files to change the name ...

{{gwi:822869}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera ÂSnow ... moved last fall .... took some damage .... under an oak tree .... not much direct sun during the high summer .... looks like it will come through fine... if it made it through this summer.. it cant get much worse .. especially since i am not moving it again ...

{{gwi:822870}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Bright Gold'

{{gwi:822872}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera 'Curly Tops' ... boy this thing looks carpy in winter.. the color gets dull ... and droopy .. looks like is dead or dying .... this one was moved last fall .. and i was sure it would die.. go figure on that ...

{{gwi:822874}}

Chamaecyparis pisifera filifera 'Aureovariegata' .. this has spent its entire life here.. looking like it was going to die.. burning in summer and winter.. but plugging along.. then bammo .. this year.. just looks happy as a peach .. whatever that means .... some of these variegated plants.. need a few years to grow a mass of the green part [as well as a root mass] .. so the white/yellow can shine through.. and presumably .. the more green .. the more vigor ...

{{gwi:822876}}

Comments (6)

• conifers
    16 years ago

Chamaecyparis pisifera filifera 'Aureovariegata' is an incredible-looking plant. Saw a relatively large one somewhere and bought one this summer. It's one of the best of the threadleaf -- no doubt.

Dax

• Jennifer Schwarz
    16 years ago

Your Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Verdonii'looks awesome! I can't wait til mine grows up. Isn't that funny about Curly Tops. I saw them at a nursery in spring and they looked horrible! I honestly thought they were dying. Then I went back in June and they looked healthy and happy. At that point I had to buy one of course!

• jspece
    16 years ago

Love, love, love that 'Verdonii', Ken! I probably don't have a chance, do I? :(

• Fledgeling_
    16 years ago

I love the texture of Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Verdonii' . Its going on my wantlist[if-i-ever-move-to-a-nice-climate one] document.

• bluespruce53
    16 years ago

Hi Ken ,great pics, Here is another Curly Tops, about 5 feet high. Bluespruce

{{gwi:822878}}

Chaemaecyparis pisifera Curly Tops.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

super...

that bed behind.. a wave of the future.. looks like a lot of my beds ..... lol

ken