SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Chipmonk Alert

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Yesterday I surprised something that I never got a very good look at and ran into the hole something dug under the conceate near my garage. I thought maybe a toad? Then today I am standing there quietly not moving much looking my daylilies in the terraces (which is right by the garage) and here comes a chipmonk walking along. I was absolutely shocked. There has never been a chipmonk in all the years I have lived here and that includes my childhood in this house and my mom living here until she passed away and I moved back here.

This entire winter something has been making an unbeliebable mess in my garage. Tunnels dug under the concreate to get in. I blamed it on the usual mice and rats that visit each winter until I get rid of them. But the ratbait remains untouched.

Then when I planted the Dutch Iris bulbs (look like onion sets) this spring something dug them up twice and I had to replant them. Some bulbs turned up missing. I blamed the squirrells.

Now, I don't think the dug up missing dutch iris and the mess in the garage are due to squirrells or rats, just one tiny and very cute but troublesome chipmonk.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022