SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertdance

Figs in the Bible

I found a site that lists all the references to figs in the Bible, and I really like this stuff!! This is my first post, so I'll put the link in the next one. I hate that rule that you can't put a link in your first post. I know it is to eliminate spam, but it is still frustrating!

Whining: Numbers 20:5

Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to this terrible place? It has no grain or figs, grapevines or pomegranates. And there is no water to drink!"

Medicine: 2 Kings 20:7

Then Isaiah said, "Prepare a poultice of figs." They did so and applied it to the boil, and he recovered.

2 Kings 20:6-8 (in Context)

Punishment: Jeremiah 8:13

" 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them. ' "

Diversity: Jeremiah 24:2

One basket had very good figs, like those that ripen early; the other basket had very poor figs, so bad they could not be eaten.

Textiles: Genesis 3:7

Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

That's it! Just a fun little read!

Suzi

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone