SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhardy_gw

I took the plung!

nhardy
15 years ago

My first fig tree arrived yesterday from Edible Landscaping. I picked a Violette de Bordeaux fig. It is a cute little stick. Can I repot it already? I think I would like a pot that has a saucer attached instead of the one gallon pot with drainage holes in the bottom. I'm worried about it drying out this summer. Should I use a water soluble fertilizer this year? I picked up a bag of Rite Green fertilizer, but I thought it might be too much for this year. I know, never fertilizer until the plant is totaly leafs out and stop at least one month before you drag it indoors.

Being new, I love reading all the postings. Based on Herman2 findings, I'll store it in the basement the next 3 winters. I'll try to work on getting the garage a little more air tight in the winters, then my tree rose & strawberry planters will have company.

I also picked up a dwarf Novak banana tree from EL, 75 strawberry plants from Starks, 1 semi-dwarf Jonathan apple tree from Eckerts, 1 blueberry on ebay, 4 blackberry canes on ebay, and 2 blueberries from American Blueberry Co. I still need to pick up tomatoes and pimiento peppers. The lettuce and radishes are sewn. I have cleaned out the canes for the black raspberries and the 1 blackberry bush. My Victory garden is going to be big this year.

Comment (1)