SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mylonite_gw

have: lots of open-pollinated veggie seeds

mylonite
15 years ago

...and when I say lots, I mean it! I have a virtually unlimited supply of the following seeds. Life fell to pieces for me this past season, so I went all in for winter. Mostly as an apology to those I intended to trade with, and never followed up with, I wanted to offer up what I've got:

Bush Green Bean - Provider

Bush Purple Bean - Royal Burgundy

Pole Green Bean - Kentucky Wonder Brown

Bush Lima Bean - Henderson Dwarf Lima

Asparagus Bean - Oriental Yard-Long

Beet - Early Wonder Tall Top

Broccoli - Waltham 29

Brussels Sprouts - Long Island Improved

Cabbage - Golden Acre

Carrot - Chantenay Red Core

Cantaloupe - Hearts of Gold

Cauliflower - Self-Blanche

Celery - Utah 52-70

Slicing Cucumbers - Marketmore 76

Green Leaf Lettuce - Salad Bowl Green

Red Leaf Lettuce - Salad Bowl Red

Romaine Lettuce - Parris Island Cos

Shell Pea - Wando

Snow Pea - Oregon Sugar Pod II

Southern Pea - California Black Eye

Pumpkin - Connecticut Field

Radish - Champion

Spinach - Bloomsdale Long Standing

Summer Squash - Summer Crookneck

Zucchini - Italian Striped (Cocozelle)

Winter Squash - Vegetable Spaghetti

Swiss Chard - Lucullus

Watermelon - Sugar Baby

These were all chosen based on the UF vegetable guide and reviews I've found on the internet. I've gotten most of the winter crops started, and they are going well. I ought to be harvesting radishes and greens soon!

I'm looking for ANY other open-pollinated veggies that can be grown in Florida. In particular, I'm interested in Everglades tomatoes, different varieties of asparagus (yard-long) beans and/or sugarsnap peas, and the Seminole pumpkin. I'm willing to take any open-pollinated (especially heirloom!) veggie seeds in trade. I'm also happy to work with those who don't have anything in trade - in appreciation of those who didn't ask anything of me. I suppose those folks should make sure to email me (use mylo (at) thinkinggreener.com if Gardenweb doesn't spit one out) so as to avoid breaking any rules.

Comment (1)

Sponsored