SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

WANTED: Swap-a-Que - October 19th - swap list #2

cindeea
15 years ago

Bump and bringing my last message forward

Nancy, I had made up a pot for you with 3 red/standard size tomatoes. I will look and see what I have that is container recommended and stays smallish. NO CHERRIES and ONLY RED, Right?? I had put together Marianna's Peace, Compari and Super Sioux...let me do some research and I will back with some compact tomatoes.

Well, looking at my list Marianna's and Super Sioux can both be container grown. Each 4-6' tall. Not much info on the Campari, those golf ball sized tomatoes from Publix. However, I do have some seeds for plants that only get 2-4' tall and are Florida heat tollerant, so I will start a couple smaller plants for you, girl.

Comments (150)

• butterflygardener
    15 years ago

Greenacresgirl~I have you down for your plants and yes I would love veggie and/or herbs.

Cindee~Dahlink, for you of course!

Imatallun~Does that mean you want some of my plants?
    Kat

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Sillybugs so glad you can come I just got a pomegranate and will be starting seedlings this week....you are welcome to have some.

I will also be bring you, coffeemom and Helen ground orchids that I forgot to bring for you last swap:-) Is there anythign else I can get you....I have yellow four o'clocks. I would love a piece of the vicks plant.

Ricky...the malvaviscus I gave Karen survive...if not I can bring you some more. If anyone else wants to try this plant I can take cuttings.

• Related Discussions

HAVE: October 2nd, Kelso-Longview swap meet

Q

Comments (7)
    We set aside a yucca and a black mondo grass. Wish I could bring more than one mondo grass, but I bought ten plants to divide and sell next spring, so you're getting one that was left over after I filled the flats. We aren't really looking for anything special, but I wouldn't turn down a Russian sage. Oh, and I forgot to tell you - do you remember that plant we dug out of your garden last spring that we couldn't identify? I feel certain it is a catchfly (Silene). It's doing very well. The pulmonaria you dug up for Mom and me are doing very well, too. Some of the baby pulmonarias I've gotten from you in past trades put on a growth spurt this last summer, and have caught up with the plant we dug last May. And the seedling sea hollies you gave me have really grown! Do you have more seedlings?
    ...See More

SWAP: Spring 2009 Swap-A-Que - swap and food list

Q

Comments (150)
    Kristi I will make room thanks! What else do you want? Sillybugs I do have the crinium and will bring you one as well as a couple crown of thorns cuttings. I will be bringing a few different hedychiums or butterfly gingers. Ladygreensleves I would like to trade for the amazon I have one but have a great spot for another. Don't need the tall porterweed but if you have the native small one I will take some.
    ...See More

Swap-a-Que - October 19th - call for invites

Q

Comments (6)
    Hi Ricky, You can count us in. Don't want to pass this next swap-a-que up. Can't commit right now, but wanted to let you know that we are hoping to make it down and over to Boca. I think with Fay's persistance and drama, it might be awhile before folks get back to you in regards to your swap-a-thon. Hopefully, there are others in this area that are interested in a carpool down your way with lots of room to spare to carry down plants and carry up plants. Hope Fay doesn't screw up an event worth checking out. Sue.
    ...See More

Swap-a-Que - October 19th - call for invites

Q

Comments (6)
    Three weeks to go! Trust me, I'm in the garden with a magnifier, a sprayer of RoundUp, and clippers . . . hourly. All are welcome but you MUST have a printed invitation to get through the gatehouse. If you don't have one and want to come please visit my website and click on the Garden icon at the bottom of the screen. Can't wait to see everyone!
    ...See More
  • sillybugs
    15 years ago

Cindeea- do you still have any hoya,epis, or the red banana?
    would love one of those.
    (do you still want me to bring the little lady that was supposed to go home with you last time?)

Natives and veggies- do you still have jasmin avail"?

If anyone has red leaf hibiscus,lemon,any hoya or
    passi that would be great...

i also have some time life gardening books i will bring.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

Nah, the one with the roots must have gotten too much water here and not enough sun. The cuttings seemed to be doing okay, but then they wilted.

The mistbed is off until the spring, so if you could start a plant for us, that'd be much better. Plus we're going to be out of the country for the whole month of December and the garden is going to be on autopilot.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Silly, I would still LOVE the lady. By Epis, do you mean Epiphyllum Orchid Cactus? I have some for you. I don't have the strength to dig the red banana, I was hoping my neighbor was going to come get a couple nannas for himself and I was going to get him to dig it. I have to see if I can take hoya cutting for you. I do have some hibiscus acetosella seedlings coming up, I'll bring you what I can. I finally tore out the momma after the winds kept shreading her, but her seeds are sprouting.

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

Anyone have penstemon?

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

HI, since i have never been to this before not sure what to bring, I have lots of seeds on my trade page. I have these seedlings,
    Brunfelsia americania
    Sea Grape
    Pink Tabebuia (yellow also)
    Ylang Ylang
    Cassia Alata
    Zamia
    Crinum lily (white & purple)
    Chamadora Palm
    Donkey Ears
    Pongam Tree
    Tropical Almond
    Dracenea Marginata
    Elephant Ears
    Mistletoe Cactus
    Mahogany Tree
    Dragon Fruit Vine
    Dwarf Poinciania
    Song of India
    Towering Red Ginger rhizomes
    towering Peach Ginger rhizomes
    Canna Indica
    Desert Rose

Plants
    Sugar Cane
    Red Shrimp Plant
    Golden Mound Duranta
    Thurmbergia (white)
    Snow Queen Hib.
    3ft. and 5ft. Standards Eugenia
    What ever else I can find in the nursery please let me know if there is anything in particular. Please check my lists.
    Thank You
    Katie

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

Katie I would love Brunfelsia americania .
    Interested in any veggies, and herbs? Sillybugsg wanna trade your plastic watering can for a self watering pot?

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

Hi, Greenacresgirl would love some herbs for our monkeys and me too.
    Katie

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

What kind of herbs do monkeys eat?

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Zoo Katie, Thank goodness for someone who actually has something listed on their tradelist, lol! I have rainbow plumeria cuttings for you!

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

Greenacresgirl, rosemary, mint, parsley cilentro just about anything.

Wanna run faster, love it, what would you like?

• wanna_run_faster
    15 years ago

Nuttin Katie, I'm trying to give them away, lol!

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

Thanks trini, got you down for the vicks plant.

cindeea- yes Orchid Cactus :)

greenacresgirl- sure, its yours.

zoo-katie do you still have any Ylang Ylang and/or sugar cane?
    do i have anything for you?

-mel

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Zoo-Katie...I would love a piece of sugar cane and strawberry guava seeds....I can give you cuttings of lemon balm, greek oregano and spanish thyme. Let me know.

• imatallun
    15 years ago

I am winding down here, but still have a few things left to trade:

Well rooted small hoya cuttings: carnosa "exotica", diptera, montana, green lacunosa, kentiana, publicalyx pink silver.

1 gal euphoria
    1 gal gold duranta
    agave "century plant" pups
    African Iris - 1 gal
    1 gal Anthurium
    Plenty of bromeliad neo. "fingernail" bare root, pulled the morning of the 19th.
    Jade - a cool "curvy" one

Kat - would love any native butterfly plants for myself (vs. for alzheimers donation, know they'd love any of your native collection).

Zoogirl - I'd like to try dragon fruit vine if anything on my list looks good. How big does the towering red ginger get? (Couldn't locate any decent info on web search.)

Silly - I can dig up one of my sister's banana pups, she's been asking me to. They look like the pic Cindy posted.

I won't be responding for a few days - out of town.

Last but not least, Laura, I have an older staghorn fern (2003?)in need of tlc, for the H. shepherdii.

Is anyone interested in aquatic plants?

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

zoo-katie, I would be interested in your Thurmbergia (white),Mistletoe cactus,and Dragon Fruit vine if you have any extra.
    I have the Thumbergia (blue)I might have some rooted starts(will have to check in the morning)or can bring some cuttings, and have 3 other Rhips(named)all rooted or if your interested in Plumeria seed I have a Exotic collectors mix(25 seeds),or if there is something else on my lists that might interest you Please let me know.

Regina

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Silly, I have a Small Siam Ruby pup coming up that I think I can get with the trowel. I also have Hoya Krimson Queen and Publcaylx for you, dear.

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

HI,
    Sillybugs plenty of ylangylang and sugar cane.

Trinigemini for you sugar cane and strawberry guava

Imatallun Dragon fruit red ginger gets about 5-6 ft would love your Jade.

Ladygreensleeves Thurmbergia cactus and dragon fruit, plumarias sound great.

Thank you Katie

• ariel73
    15 years ago

WOW! I didn't check this thread for a few days and I 've got over 50 posts to read.

• butterflygardener
    15 years ago

imatallun~ I will be glad to give you native plants. What aquatic plants do you have?

zoo-katie ~Do you have any mistletoe cactus left?

I also have a red dwarf poinciana http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2247/

Kat

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Silly, the Ruby Siam came out neat with roots...hope you will enjoy it.

• natives_and_veggies
    15 years ago

Butterfly gardener,

I'd love a Florida pennyroyal start (had to look up all of yours, and in doing so, found the name of one that I have pop up periodically, mistflower. The butterflies just love it! Glad to see it's native. I'm never sure with volunteers/weeds)

Do tomatoes interest you? I'll be bringing a bit of a variety, though several are already promised. I'll have plenty of romas and cherries left. Or how about some persian shield? Or a croton with a weeping habit, I think it's Thanksgiving? Or a chenille that has self-rooted where it's limb touched the ground. I can dig it up pretty easily. Looking at my pot ghetto, I don't have a lot of butterfly plants that might interest you, I'm afraid. But I've got some veggie seeds I won't be using, squash, swiss chard, cantelopes.

And to add to my list of offers: a couple of agave "century plant" pups, and plenty of pride of barbados seeds.

I'm getting excited about this. Clean out the pot ghetto and then repopulate it!

Susannah

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Zoo-Katie....Are you only wanting the plumeria seed mix for the trade??? (:>0)
    Would anyone have a Jade Vine "Strongylondon Macrobotys" ? Have a lobster claw Heliconia to offer for trade.
    And have a extra very happy Orchid Cactus I would like to trade for a Hoya.

Regina

• butterflygardener
    15 years ago

natives_and_veggies ~ I will gladly bring you the pennyroyal. I would love any tomato seedlings. Thanks!
    Kat

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

If anyone wants Lobster Claw Heliconia - Heliconia rostrata - there's a huge bed of them at the house next door to us. My neighbors are begging me to let you guys dig as many as you want and take them home.

Also at their house, in the front, are two Pride of Barbados - Caesalpinia pulcherrima - one with yellow flowers the other with orange. They are loaded with seeds ready to plant. Please avail yourselves of these free seeds!

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Zoo Katie, the jade start is has your name on it, thanks for the dragon fruit. That ginger will be too tall for me, but thanks!

Kat - you have mail. Regina, I'll bring some more hoya starts for you...is your cactus orchid still available?

One week away! M

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PLUMERIA STICKS! Last call, I will be trimming a bunch of branches off my plumies. They are going to the trash pile if no one wants them. Here's photos:
    AZTEK GOLD-smells like warm peaches
    {{gwi:771642}}From Plumeria
    {{gwi:772699}}From Plumeria

NOID WINE
    {{gwi:772700}}From Plumeria

PUDICA BRIDAL VEIL
    {{gwi:772702}}From Plumeria

PINK W/ORANGE EYE
    {{gwi:771638}}From Plumeria

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

imattallun, I'll put your name on the cactus orchid, it's quite full and very happy with new growth and lots of long trailers! Thanks for the trades!

Regina

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Cindee, I'd love one of your yellow plumies. Is there anything special that you are looking for. My garden looks like a jungle right now. I need to thin, especially my pot ghetto. I was doing so well too. Oh well, fell off the wagon, again....
    Nancy

• shellfreak
    15 years ago

Cindeea- I'd love one of your plumeria- Noid Wine would be awesome, if not anyone that you pick. Thanks.

Beverly

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Each of you will get the one of your choce plus another!! So there! Anyone else? C'mon, don't be shy, would be a shame to throw these away!

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Does anyone have a split leaf philo, an orange bird of paradise or a ginger (any)? I was going to buy them but know these are common plants so I thought I'd ask here first. Cindee thanks for the plumie.
    Thanks
    Nancy

• tony_k_orlando
    15 years ago

Nobody has mentioned Felix's most fav plant, the Golden Rain Tree. I can go through my yard and bring some if anyone wants.

I am ready to trim the Mulberry and the NOID Dragon Fruit which blooms very nicely. The Dragon fruit came from Pine Island and they usually only sell desirable varieties. If there is any interest I will bring cuttings of those which root real easy.

See ya on the 19th
    Tony

• katieauthier
    15 years ago

Good Morning,
    Butterflygardner yes I have the cactus anything else?

Ladygreensleeves, how about hanging basket succlents?

Cindeea, I would love the wine or white plumaria

Teka2rjleffel I have peach and red ginger rhyzomes if you like them.

Katie

• Randy Ritchie
    15 years ago

Cindeea-
    If you have any to spare, I'd love to try the Aztec Gold and the pudica bridal veil! So nice of you to offer!

Tony-
    If you have any to spare, I'd like a start of your dragon fruit please.

Randy aka girlsaylor

• sillybugs
    15 years ago

Nancy- i can bring you some gingers.

Does anyone want 3' queen palms?

• bluesky7
    15 years ago

I'd love a few tomato plants--preferably not the cherry type. Can Susannah or one of you guys put some aside for me? Don't have a lot to swap at this time although I have some of the real aloe vera. Anybody like a couple? Sheri :-)

• scottrell
    15 years ago

Cindea! don't you dare throw out the plumies! LOL! I would love to take some off of your hands. Thanks! What are you looking for?

I am bringing some gingers also.

Anyone want to swap seeds? I have lots to share!

I am pruning my angel trumpets, will have lots of cuttings.

I can bring a salad (macaroni? potato?) if still needed.

Ricky, I have two more friends with plants that want to come, is that OK?

• greenacresgirl
    15 years ago

bluesky I will have an agro & parks whopper tomato for you.Anyone else?

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW looks like I got rid of my Plumeria!! Everyone is covered and it looks like whatever I have left over is going to Scottrel along with a few NOID Rooted babies. Scottrel could I get a couple cuttings of your Angel Trumpets? What colors?

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

scottrell - yes to all.

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

Katie, Silly and Scottrell, thanks for the ginger. Are any of you looking for anything special? I can go scope out the yard.
    Thanks,
    Nancy

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Hey everyone,

I will not be able to come to the swap this weekend. I just got back from the vet and my doggie is not doing so well...apparently her spine is degenerating....anyway I can't leave her alone all day. For anyone that I was trading with I'm very sorry but hopefully I will make it to the next swap. If anyone is in the Miami area or passing through and would like to pick up their plants I am available and we can make a bar-b-que out of it.

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Michele, thinking of you guys and your sweet dog.
    We have our 11 year old bow wow on Metacam 1.5 for pain... it seems to be helping.

D`Ann

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    15 years ago

Sad news, Michelle. You guys will be missed.

• cindeea
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh Nooo Trini!! I was just out labeling your Basils tonight...Is someone near you coming to the swap that could bring home your plants? I will say a lil prayer for you and your doggie. Pets are family too and our hearts will be with ya babe.

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Sillybugs, I have the dwarf banana pup for you. I'm interested in ginger that don't get above 4' if you have any to spare.

Cindy, Your plumie pics are so pretty!

Tony, I'd love to try a dragonfruit cutting. My neighbor has the GRT covered!!!

Teka, are you interested in Philo. Xanadu? I have plenty to share.

Michelle, so sorry about your poor doggie. Best wishes to you and your best friend!

• Randy Ritchie
    15 years ago

Michelle,
    What area of Miami are you in? I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Don't know if anybody's closer to you or not. We might be able to set up a Swap-a-Que railroad!

Sorry your dog is feeling poorly. It hurts us humans too when our pets hurt. Take care of you guys!

Randy aka girlsaylor

• msmarion
    15 years ago

((TriniG))I'm so sorry about your fur baby, that's sad news. I was looking forward to seeing you again, but family comes first. You will be missed.

Ricky put me down for potato salad unless we need something else.

Sponsored