SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Fill in this hole

girlgroupgirl
14 years ago

Well, I really wanted to point out that my garden smells like a brothel tonight, but I was afraid the GW Czars wouldn't like that subject posting, so I didn't lead with that! Roses, the silverbell tree and the jasmine are all blooming at once and it's incredible!

As I was attempting to take photos today (which never look as nice as what I think the garden does in person, but then, I'm bias!!!), I realized there are some holes.

There are some CONSTANT holes. No matter how much I try and fix the soil here it is always hard to work in. That narrow little area between the walk way, and the Margot Koster Rose needs something short but summer blooming. Annuals have always failed me. I had lavenders but they died here. The soil either holds water or is dry.

I need something taller than the creeping thyme but not so tall as to block Margot (and she doesn't get larger). Beside the pot you see there, I also need something, on either side. I've tried sedums of all kinds, lavenders...all manner of things and NOTHING grows well. If it rains heavily this floods, when it's dry it is very dry...again, I've worked and worked on the soil and drainage but it's a mystery. Hopefully the rose behind it will come back to life and fill out. It's a pretty pink polyantha of some sort.

So does anyone have suggestions for either spot? I would prefer evergreen. And creative!

Comments (18)

Sponsored