SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Okay, a butterfly garden pic

organic_kitten
14 years ago

This is just a beginning picture. I have a couple of Joe Pyes coming (the smaller ones), a Paw Paw Tree, some salvia, and several other things to plant. I did plant most of the things my children gave me for Mother's Day. I also planted some gomphrena seedlings couresy of the Daffodil Lady, but you can't see them in this picture. I still have a lot of digging to do, but not as much as I had to start with.

I will have to put down almost as many more stepping stones as I've already added, plus borders and mulch. Ah well.

I'm considering planting a row of Austin Roses behind the butterfly garden...I've already chosen the roses, but haven't ordered them yet. I'll have to wait a bit on the placement since I am planting a little Paw Paw tree to attract Zebra Swallowtails.

Here's the garden start:

{{gwi:678961}}

The path will curve slightly out to the grass.

Here's the new hummingbird feeder station- there's a large salvia bed to the right of the station that attracts hummers.

{{gwi:678963}}

And Rita, I can't help it...I needed more room, so I took it...and I'm not through yet! There's plenty of lawn left.

kay

Comments (8)

Sponsored