SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memo3

More Progress

memo3
14 years ago

We traveled to a farm consignment auction on Friday and Saturday. I got loads of new tools to use in the garden. Shovels, rakes, hoes, weeders, an edger etc. I've worn out or broken most of mine. I actually split the steal on a round end shovel digging roses the other day. Holy crap! Spent less than $20 for the whole lot of them. Yippee!

So today, with new/used tools in hand, we dug out roots to a tree that I think was a very old Wisteria. The roots wraped most of the way around the house. We got most of them, within the top 1.5 feet of soil, and the rest are buried deep. Oh the digging!!! The roots were all tangled together with roots from an elm tree that is on the other side of the yard. What a mess!! Once we got all the roots dug we wrapped a tow rope around the trunk and pulled the darn thing out of there. Back breaking work let me tell you!!

We turned the whole area into a planting bed that I'll just use as a nursery bed of sorts (about 5'x 30'). I planted all the vegetable plants that I've purchased in it since we haven't been able to get the new garden spot tilled. After having my tiller at a repair shop for an ENTIRE YEAR, we finally got it back only to find out that it was never repaired. The Rancher worked on it most of the morning and we even drove to the next town over for new fuel line and parts. It will NOT START. I think I'm going to have to get a new one. Boo-hoo. It's a Mantis and I love that tiller!!

I'm tired, I'm sunburned and I ache all over. I'm headed for the shower and then to bed!

Hope you all had a great and productive weekend.

MeMo

Comments (2)

Sponsored