SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
evie4

Trying to keep my spirits up.

evie4
14 years ago

Well...today is a beautiful day here in the Willamette Valley and it was nice to get home after long week and walk through my garden with the sun shining on me. But now the sun is going down and I'm struggling with the reality of what an usually hard cold snap before the holidays did to my shrubs. One of my oldest and favorite Japanese maples looks 2/3 dead. The forsythias and burning bushes have little in the way of leaves. The California lilac and the 6 (4 ft varigated euonymous) are half dead. So much is damaged I don't even know where to start. I should probably call my arborist and just pay him to do what needs to be done...because it is so bad I could possibly do even more damage. He may just have to rip some things out.

On the bright side..a beautiful red maple (2nd season) is doing wonderfully. And perennials I started from seed last year are going strong.

Anyway...I was feeling blue and decided to come here where I could get...well...I guess I should just say it...a little sympathy.

Evie

Comments (10)

Sponsored