SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedgrower

Favorite Gardening Show.

WeedGrower
22 years ago

If you don't get BBC America, you need to. There is a show called Ground Force that is really very fun to watch.

It's kind of like the Suprise Gardener, but more intellegent.

3 landscape designers take a weekend to make-over a yard as a suprise for one of the homeowners.

My wife never misses an episode. And now she want's to go to England to live just because of this show.

Comments (47)

• pondwelr
    22 years ago

I like 'Ground force' too, but have a hard time finding it on my (Charter) cable lineup. A ROCK is more intelligent than 'Surprise Gardener', so I dont agree with the comparison, except that the makeover takes place in small, usually enclosed gardens.
    If your wife could get on the right web site, she could probably find tons of people in England who would gladly trade places with her. We found it so when visiting there.
    One of the best things about GB is that anyone can walk thru privately owned land. My husband and I walked many miles on designated walkways. In the US you could be shot for trespass. Notice I did say designated tho. Maybe you two could do a house trade with someone from GB?

• Bill_zone6
    22 years ago

Hi WeedGrower, I think it makes perfect sense to move to England because of the program Ground Force. What the heck!

Yes, Surprise Gardener has to be at the bottom of the list for sure. Please don't reply with nasty mail when I say I am becoming a convert to the Martha Stewart garden show on HGTV. Just the mention of her name and I would drop out of any conversation. BUT, I like the way she covers a topic by limiting herself to only that topic per show. As opposed to Rebecca's Garden where she tries to set a record each week by covering more and more subjects in one half hour.

Have trouble with watching Paul James' ego run amok each week, even as he covers the topics fairly well.

Boy, this is a good topic as we can praise as well as let out our frustrations.

• Related Discussions

California Gardening Radio Program available on Podcast?

Q

Comments (16)
    I listen to Bob Tanem In The Garden on Sunday mornings 7AM-10AM. You can find him on KSFO 560 AM, and there are archives/podcast available to download. He is a longtime Marin County nurseryman and lecturer, and has a wonderful infectious laugh and friendly manner. He offers advice that steers people away from using toxic chemicals in their garden, and instead explains how to use low toxicity soap/oil sprays, beneficial insects, etc to get rid of diseases and pests. I like the fact that he takes the approach of using less harmful methods first, then resorts to stronger chemicals when absolutely necessary, and talks about how to use them responsibly. Most of us gardeners want to minimize chemical usage, but when there are times when you need to get serious with a problem, it is nice to have a person well educated in both natural and the "unnatural" products steer you in the right direction.
    ...See More

Will our favorite TV gardening shows return?

Q

Comments (3)
    GGG - I had no idea that Animal Planet had any type of garden show - guess I should check out daytime shows a little better. Anyway watched it today and a big "thumbs-up". It is now set for a season pass on TiVo so I won't miss any episodes. I have always wanted to get a National Wildlife certification - this show will help me get off my butt and get the paperwork filled. It never ceases to amaze me how many tips and ideas I get from this forum and a couple of others (Garden Junk and Wintersowing). Many times this place is a better wealth of info and ideas than any TV show but thanks for mentioning that show - I will enjoy it.... Lynne
    ...See More

Favorite gardening shows?

Q

Comments (54)
    The host of "Gardening by the Yard" irritates me with his insipid humor. The information is good, but I have not learned anything new....just to skip the show and get out there and weed! My garden is benefitting due to the fact that I can never seem to find out when PBS is going to air "California Heartland" followed usually by "Victory Garden". I agree, too much cooking....and with Broccoli (Yuck! it's against my religion to eat the slimy green stuff). I do prefer the new host to the former old Billy Goat and his plant of the week. Nevertheless, on Saturday morning,I check the T.V. at ten a.m. when I go inside for another cup of tea, and P.B.S. is having a fund drive again and showing "How to play Piano like a virtuoso in only one day!" At 10:05 a.m., I'm back to pulling purslane and oxalis (and transplanting the mirablis jalapa to a better, naked spot.) I confess that I did enjoy Martha Stewart, as she usually had interesting gardening segments, albeit focused on East Coast climates....well we know what is the fate of poor Martha and her show. I also enjoy P.Allen Smith, but again, very general information, although a knowlegeable and congenieal host. The shows I do enjoy are on HGTV, deal with landscape design, namely Curb Appeal, Outer Spaces, and Landscapers' Challenge(?),where a client with a budget (usually larger than anythingI could ever afford) is presented with three optionsfrom different landscapers. I did catch Ground Force on BBC, but it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, although the brass band music accompaning it did bring a smile. Really, I'm glad that the T.V. is getting so bad with the Reality T.V., and general poor quality and ugly pop culture, I spend less time in front of the tube and more time in my garden. The best source for gardening information is right here, on GARDEN WEB. boomchuckchuck
    ...See More

Thanks HGTV

Q

Comments (54)
    This channel is only looking for cheap programming to fill its hours. I have it on the inside that their production crews that do these gardening shows know nothing about it at all. They don't even have an authorized expert consultant they listen to. The idea is to go as cheap as possible. They don't even produce these shows themselves. They are produced by a hodge podge of small independent production companies. It would do them well, to maybe listen to you all and give you want you want. Real Gardeners and what real gardeners want, maybe even get some new gardeners excited about a very enjoyable and stress reducing activity. There is so much new information out there they can cover from new cultivars to new advance is bio science. With everyone trying to Go Green it is foolish to abandon the gardens. Just need to kept pressing on, they are not the only fish in the sea. It's just that they have that garden word in their name :-) I guess that is why we feel we should be entitled to have gardens on air.
    ...See More
  • CopperBaron
    22 years ago

A pretty good series of posts on this subject previously including favorite and least favorite. The link to previous favorite posts is given in the URL form, but the least favorite posts are the most interesting - http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/favorite/msg1222290817254.html?83. I can't figure out how to put in more than one link, so you'll have to type in the one above in your browser (or copy and paste) to get to it.

Here is a link that might be useful: previous posts

• pondwelr
    22 years ago

One vote for ..from marthas' graden from me. Its so fashionable to bash and joke about Martha as the epitome of perfection. I did my share, but am beginning to respect the absolute genius of this woman. She does each show with a thorough look at the subject. Like Bill, I hate the 'scatter-shot' approach of some garden shows. I like 'curb appeal' and Paul James too.

• Kokopelli
    22 years ago

I like the Martha Sewart Garden show. Her information is accurate, her voice soothing, the show relaxing to watch. I don't expect her to focus on my particular area or income bracket, even my particular garden style. Most of those who bash her seem resentful of her success. Better to me that she make her millions the way she does, than bounce a ball, sing bad music,tell bad jokes or many of the other ways of making a fortune in the entertainment industry.

• zone6zelda
    22 years ago

I also love Ground Force, especially that Tommy! Wouldn't you just love to have a signif other that can do anything without too much complaining and has a good sense of humor.
    Check out BBCamerica.com to get the bios, quite interesting.
    Glad to see new episodes, I've seen all the others at least 5 times.
    Haven't been to England in almost 10 years. How sad. But will get over the pond again one day and hope to stay for awhile, do all the flower shows and the delicious antiques fairs.

• wolfgang
    22 years ago

I can't believe so many people like ground force, one of my favorites. The one thing that drives me crasy about the show is they never use weed block.

• momcat2000
    22 years ago

i would recomed ground force to anyone, even a non gardener can enjoy it.

• hanksmom
    22 years ago

I love Martha and I'm not too cool to say it!

• jbaker26
    22 years ago

kokopelli,
    making money legally is admirable. can you say ENRON try not to complain when indiviuals take the legal route. the difference being i don't have to watch sports or buy music, or listen to bad jokes if i don't choose to, guess who will pay for the enron scandal in the long run?

thank you- jbaker

• pondwelr
    22 years ago

I really didnt understand the above post--from jbaker26.
    What is the point?

• lovemyhubby
    22 years ago

HA!! I didn't either. Probably just an angry man trying to vent???

• mamasalvo
    21 years ago

I watch these so infrequently that I guess any gardening show is a good one. I wish they were on at night when I can't be outside gardening. I have to put in my 2 cents defense of Martha. Imagine, a woman who has built a successful and powerful corporation from her own name, and her name is recognized by almost everyone. You have to have respect for that. I think only Michael Jordan has come close and you can't play basketball forever....

• bmurphyfl
    21 years ago

Paul James' jokes and goofy nature are really annoying but I get a lot of useful information from the show. I enjoy Ground Force but I've never gotten a gardening tip from it. Being a soccer fan, I particularly enjoyed the episode where they made a soccer-themed garden with grandstands and soccer ball shaped shrubs.

The bottom of my list is definitely the guy that draws all over the yard with the tip of his shovel. He's annoying and I don't like his designs. Every design reminds me of large tract suburban development which I don't like.

Murf

• Kokopelli
    21 years ago

I read and re-read the posting from jbaker26 and still don't know what he/she was saying. What does Martha Stewart have to do with Enron? mkp

• mamasalvo
    21 years ago

I think Jbaker should explain himself, but he may be refering to the fact that Enron was also a successful corporation until they cooked their books( Lied about their earnings) and bilked most of their trusted employees out of millions of dollars in retirement. Now, Most of the American taxpayers and investors will probably have to pay for this scandal one way or another thru the legal process and government investigations over the next several years.
    The comparison to Martha is- you don't have to like her, but she probably won't cheat you ourt of any money...

• brooksider
    21 years ago

I also find myself addicted to Ground Force, even though I think their garden makeovers all kind of look the same. It is the only garden show that my husband does not make me turn off, mostly because the well-endowed Charlie NEVER wears a bra. At first I thought she was just eye candy to lure male gardeners but she is actually pretty good. I would like to have one of her water features in my garden. I like Gardener's Journal on HGTV because it is just someone walking around giving you a tour of their garden. I am glad other people find Paul James unbearable.

• Mary_Jane_in_Calif
    21 years ago

I try to watch all of the gardening shows that are on in my area. I'm not familiar with Ground Force but will have to see if it available to me in my area. I do like The Gardener's Journal and A Gardener's Diary and I LOVE anything Marthas does!!! I have been a fan of hers since before she had a TV show and magazine. The first thing I remember drawing me in was when she set a gorgeous table with mismatched dishes and used depression glass. I collect and like many of the things she collects so I was bound to become a fan.

I must tell you that my two small grandchildren are mesmerized by her. She has their undivided attention when she is on TV even if she is fixing some Polish goulash that they would never eat!

• Faery_Queen
    21 years ago

Speaking of Surprise Gardener, where DO they find all those people with bare backyards?

• cyndezu
    21 years ago

Another Ground force fan! yea! I love the fact they don't go over and over everything they just did. Some of you are really missing out on some good show's. I use Tivo and have them all recorded automaticly. My hub. likes G.F. and he don't do nuthin gardenwise... maybe it's Charlie he like's?
    Sure wish they would do my my English Garden for me.

Cindy

• CarolAnne
    21 years ago

CBC's Canadian Gardener with Ken Beattie. It's a call-in show. People call-in with their questions on indoor/outdoor gardening problems.

I have yet to see him stumped on anything.

• msgaz
    21 years ago

Gardening by the yard! Paul is informative but doesn't take himself to seriously, Gardening should be fun.

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    21 years ago

I'm English, transplanted to the US. Ground Force started in the UK about 5 years ago - a house in the next street to my old home was 'done' in the first series.

In the UK, the show is longer: no commercials for one thing, and I think it's about 40 minutes total. They've edited out a lot of the plant information for the US, presumably because so much of it is inappropriate for the climate.

Alan Titchmarsh also presents the BBC's flagship gardening show "Gardener's World" which I WISH they could show here, but again, it's too UK-specific.

Brits are spoiled: network TV shows gardening programmes on Friday nights, just in time for weekend inspiration. I no longer bother with any other programmes in the US because, frankly, there's no comparison . . . .

• kittymommy
    21 years ago

Another vote for Paul James! I like the way he explains gardening methods that even a newbie like me can understand. I also like Rebecca's Garden, Gardener' Diary and Gardener' Journal.

Question - Has anyone else who watches these shows noticed that they are all repeats from last summer? At least all of the ones that I have seen so far are repeats. I viewed a episode of Rebecca's Garden recently and there was mention of the year being 1999. Last summer was my first time viewing HGTV and my first attempt at gardening. I learned alot from Paul James and Rebecca's Garden. When fall arrived both shows were only aired once on the weekend. I e-mailed HGTV and expressed my dissapointment. The reply I received stated that since gardening usually declines in the fall and winter months they replaced these programs to make room for more non-gardening shows and that they would return to regular schedule in the spring. Makes sense so I anxiously waited for the "New" shows to begin. So far it seems to be the samething that aired last summer. Even the Martha Stewart gardening show is in repeats. I e-mailed HGTV again and the reply was "New shows(they did not respond to which specific shows) will begin airing in the fall." So I assume that means once again the gardening shows will not be aired as often and the focus goes back to non-gardening.

Our cable company only began carrying HGTV last summer so maybe some of you who have viewed it longer can tell me if there are ever any new shows?

• springcherry
    21 years ago

Ive just gotten cable and only seen one Martha Stewart gardening show but I liked it. You're -supposed- to hate her and feel superior to her waspy perfectionism. Thats half the fun. And bet your bottom dollar she knows it and capatalizes on it.

Hell, I also like the magazine. I like good photography. I like the information. I like dipping into fantasy(if I had all the time, all the money in the world -- what would I choose to be absolutely compulsive about?)

I find her products pleasing. And I find people who take her utterly seriously even funnier than her.

Springcherry, who still thinks MS should loose her shirt and any other items of superfluous clothing if found guilty of insider trading;-)

• Pidge
    21 years ago

Very interesting reading this thread and all the accolades for Martha. I've never really been a Martha basher, but then along comes a defense of Martha as not being a cheat like the guys at Enron. Amusing in light of the Imclone fiasco and insider trading.
    Back to the point of the thread: I don't know the show Ground Force and must look for it. Does anyone have any idea about how to locate it on channels in the Philly area?
    Sometimes I watch HGTV, but I like the H/home decorating part of it more than the G/garden stuff.

• deadheader
    21 years ago

I love Paul James, have learned a lot from his show, even though he does act goofy, but that's okay, he seems genuine. I love to watch Gardener's Diary and Gardener's journal, just for the beauty of the gardens. Sorry, Martha doesn't do much for me. Happy she has made a fortune, but don't learn much from her and don't set my table like hers. I do however love her bed sheets. They're the only ones that will fit our thick mattress without peeling off every night. Can't stand that guy that draws the lines with his shovel either, everything I've ever seen him do looks the same to me. Even if I could afford him, he wouldn't landscape my yard. Don't EVEN get me started on the Surprise Gardener...can't watch it ever again. Rebecca's got a good show, I always seem to learn somethng from her. Maybe it's her fault I have to clean my hands and feet with bleach. Have never heard of the show Ground Force, but with our cable system, will probably never get to see it. They didn't run cable down our road until 1995, and I think they used tin cans and string when they did it, because it's always going out.

I sure wish they would run more gardening shows at night...don't they realize we're usually IN THE GARDEN when their shows are running. Oh, well, just had to get my two cents worth in, wouldn't be inside now, but am monitoring phone for important phone call for DH. As soon as it comes in, I'll be back outside "getting my hands dirty." Terry

• Cady
    21 years ago

I, too, am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy Paul James. And I'm a garden designer. :)

In fact, I actually had a dream about him last night... I was in his yard in Tulsa, and we were talking about his lawn. Scary, huh? Any dream interpreters out there? LOL

As to Martha Stewart, she may know something about gardening, but when she covers a topic that she has no knowledge of, it's obvious. In one program, she talks about bamboo, and demonstrates how to pot one up by dumping a Pleioblastus bamboo out of its container, and then just plopping it (without preparing the roots, etc.) into a larger pot and dumping potting soil on top of it. And, it sounded like she was obviously reading cue cards when she was giving info about bamboo. She should have done some real homework first.

I like Kathy Renwald's "A Gardener's Journal." You get to see a lot of different kinds of gardens and gardeners, and Kathy asks intelligent questions that produce helpful information. She also has a humble demeanor.

Wish we got "Ground Force" here, but HGTV doesn't carry it.

• Laura4
    21 years ago

Does anyone else miss Penelope Hobhouse's Art and Practice of Gardening? It was on several years ago and fortunately I taped several. Now that HGTV is hardly running any decent gardening shows I watch them over and over (also my tapes of Gardeners Diary and Gardeners Journal).
    I happened onto a chat about HGTV with quotes by the head of the network soliciting new types of programming and saying that they may not still carry these types of programs in the future. Now I can't find that chat--I thought it was on HGTV's website, but it may have been taken off--it wasn't very flattering.
    I'm also not embarrassed to say I like Martha--over the years she's introduced me to a lot of information that I've benefited from. She's never really struck me as any kind of expert, but her gardens are pretty.
    Someone was wondering where they get those bare yards for Surprise Gardener--they're ALL in southern California--that's what all yards in So. Cal. look like without water and a lot of care. That's what peeves me so much about the show--do they ever put in pipes and sprinklers? In that region if you don't nothing will live without daily water. If you went back to those gardens in 1-2 weeks in the summer months ever single plant would be dead. It's more like "fantasy gardener". It's not that I think everything they do is awful, but it's extremely unrealistic (I used to live there and came home at lunch everyday to water when it was really hot).

• giovanni
    21 years ago

I am surprised no one has mentioned "home front in the garden" which is on bbc america. the designer is some mad genius who creates these fantastic gardens and uses glass cubes and wire tunnels and other contemporary materials in quite an interesting way. of course, i'm sure one of these gardens would cost a hundred grand, but it is still fun to watch.
    ground force is fantastic, of course. entertaining and fun. and i believe charlie and the various angles they shoot her from is quite a deliberate decision to spice up the show. i don't mind.
    gardener's diary and gardener's journal have not had any new episodes for some time on hgtv. i hope they have some soon.
    the victory garden has new episodes and people. the guy with the beard is gone (as is the desire to hold him down and give him a shave).
    and i must mention this show "southern gardener". the gentleman who hosts is knowledgeable enough, but from time to time he says "viola" when i think he means to say the french word "voila" (which means something along the lines of "presto" or "there you have it".) it is the most offputting thing i have ever seen. maybe it is a regional joke??????

i just don't happen to watch paul james or that guy in florida or martha stewart or surprise gardener or rebecca. i do need to be out in my yard sometimes!

can't wait for spring!

• ducky12
    20 years ago

I happen to like Jerry Baker...the idea that you can fix anything in the garden with a hose-end sprayer and a can of beer sends me into fits of laughter.

• reaggae
    20 years ago

I love Gardeners Journal, Gardener's Diary, Gardening by the Yard, and Martha's show the most. I've never seen Ground Force - but will be looking for it now! I detest that guy in Florida who does the same commercial style design on every project (the Aztec grass guy). But besides Aztec grass guy, I will watch anything that has anything to do with gardening. There are shockingly few shows as it is... I too am very disappointed in HGTV for not doing more gardening shows.

• akebono
    20 years ago

Perhpas my favorite garden show has been off the air for years--"Making Things Grow" with the late Thalassa Cruso.

• daisydolphin
    20 years ago

Ditto on the yahoo drawing lines in the dirt with his shovel. If I only had a nickel for every time he's said "Aztec Grass"....

• mandyb4121
    20 years ago

I really love Gardening by the Yard although I think he is very goofy, but sincere.
    The one thing about most gardening shows that really annoys me is that they always seem to be set in Southern California or Florida. Most of the country is not in these zones and so the plant choices are inappropriate to my Zone 7 area.
    I also agree with the person who said that British garden shows are better than American. When I was over there on vacation, there was so much variety. Ground Force is also an awesome program.

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    20 years ago

I'm with you, Mandy. I would LOVE to see a segment on any garden show that featured my zone and climate. Brutal winters, hot summers, drought and constant wind! I do have a very nice yard in spite of the conditions, but it would be nice to get some professional tips.

Ground Force gets my vote for favorite.

The curve drawing madman from Florida aka Aztec Grass Man, gets my vote for least favorite.

What do you all think of Martha now?

Tanna

• valeriegail
    20 years ago

Well I guess I can add my two cents. I adore Ken Beattie on Get Growing. It is the one show I would go out of my way to watch and don't mind having to stay in the house.

Ground force is good too. They are all entertaining.

I do not like Paul James, he is just a bit too silly for me.

Has anyone seen a new show this spring call PPP, People, Plants, and Places or something like that. I buy a magazine called Plants that is from Maine and it has alot of information that I can use here in N.S. and they talked about doing a garden show with Roger Swain from Victory Garden.

You can e-mail me an answer. This is the first time in this area of the forum cause when I get reading about roses I'm lost and gone for hours and by the time I quit it is time to go out or go to work. Not enough time in the day! Happy Gardening everyone.

• RocknRoundtheClock
    20 years ago

I'd love to see the Swoopy-Man draw circles with his shovel in MY dirt!!
    Missouri Red Clay! We dig our holes with dynomite, here.

• eileen1
    20 years ago

My top favorites, "A Gardener's Journal" and " A Gardener's Diary". I also like "Ground Force", "Gardening by the Yard", and "Martha" does seem to know what she's doing with plants so her show is watchable too.

• hoe_hoe_hoe
    20 years ago

My favorite series is HomeFront in The Garden and I always joke that I'm going to get that guy to do my garden someday. Another favorite would be the Chelsea Flower Show, though thats only a once a year thing. Both of these shows feature High Design and are really inspiring to me. I usually don't miss Paul James, been when I miss him, I don't feel I've missed much. But this is indeed a step up from Gary Alan, who I feel I've watched before I've watched and even if I dont. I watch Gardeners Diary and Gardeners Journal to get familiar with new plants and find them pretty enjoyable.

• catnip7
    20 years ago

I miss Gardening Naturally. Anyone else miss it?

• grenthum
    20 years ago

I too like ground force but agree that you can't really get any ideas or tips from it. It is a lot fun though. The bra thing gets me! I never really noticed but my husband has an eagle eye for that stuff and I will have to have him watch with me. (Note all women : What is it with guys? They will strain their eyes, squint, turn upside down just to catch a glimpse of what might be some hint of anything! It kills me. It almost seems like it is more interesting because they have to strain so hard to see it. Sorry guys! ) I also defend Martha. I don't watch Marthas Garden too much but am a fan of her hour long show. Yeah most of what she does is out of my league, price range etc. Her show is comforting to watch, full of many ideas and something to aspire to. I don't mean the person herself but her whole housekeeping, homeliving schtick whatever you call it. If I can replicate even some of those ideas, I feel I have made my home more comfortable and enjoyable. I've learned a lot about color from her and my family calls my veggie garden the Martha Gardens because I strive for beauty with function. All my things are in raised beds with paths between and I try to add natural decorative things such as bean teepees and flowers interpersed in my garden. I have a very large veggie garden for a suburban home and this makes it nice to look at and walk through as well as grow things abundantly. I know it sounds like and "I love Martha" campaign but I always think of her peacful walks through gardens, veggie and flower alike when planning my gardens. Can I ramble or what? I enjoy reading everyones' posts!

• Tufadude
    20 years ago

Grenthum,
    I can sum up your man's fasination in one simple word, nipples. It's now a running joke between DW and I as to who can say it first when we watch Ground Force.

Don't know if you've seen the new season yet, but Alan Titchmarch (sp?) doesn't seem to be part of the show anymore.

• grenthum
    20 years ago

NO i haven't seen the new season yet but I will be sure to check it out. Yeah nipples is what it is all about. They want nipples and I want a guy that works as hard as they do!

• stitches216
    20 years ago

Yes, Catnip7, I miss Gardening Naturally too - even if they were in New England while we're in Texas!

• lobotome
    20 years ago

I love so many of the garden shows, but one that I can really get into is "The Secret World of Gardens" I think that's the name... it shows you what goes on in our gardens while we're not looking... critter life, plant life, soil life, ect. Whenever I watch this show, I feel much more at ease with whatever is happening in my garden, I don't worry so much about the aphids ect. Then at other times, i want to get down on my belly in my garden and just watch what's going on. It's an excellent show!

• hoe_hoe_hoe
    20 years ago

LobotoMe, that WAS a great show! Really intriguing camera work and a great soundtrack.
    On the other side of the spectrum, I see HGTV has brought back 'The Insider's Garden'. It's soooo wrong. Last week they did a whole episode on Bonsai. They never once mentioned that Bonsai belong outside. And they didnt use any of the houseplants that sometimes pass as Bonsai, only trees- real trees. The guest butchered a small tree as a starter bonsai and wrapped it in very obvious wire- it may have been fine (I don't have an eye for it) and he may have known exactly what he was doing (even though he obviously sold his soul by appearing on this show). But the host commented "that's beautiful!" I about fell out of my chair. It may have been on its way, but it was no beauty!
    Last Season I remember them tucking moss all around the base of a cactus for an ever so lovely effect. Never mind that the cactus needs to breath, drain and dry out!

Sponsored