SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
midnightsmum

3rd Garden Amendment - your Opinion

Here it is, after I brought the edge forward and made a neat crescent. I cut the sod out and added 2-18 kilo bags of sheep manure (1 kilo = 2.2 lbs.) Whew.

{{gwi:667408}}

OK, the shrub at the back is a Sand Cherry - not sure how 'alive' it is.. flanking left and right, there are large hostas, most likely variegated. To the left of the Sand Cherry I dropped a couple of plox paniculata, hopefully white/pink in colour, from my old garden. The two spots of green are plants that I cannot identify - check out "Identify This Plant #1". Along the edge, to the left, I have sown some Nigella 'Love in a Mist' seed, to the right, some Johnny Jump Ups, and in between, I have sown some Rudebeckia 'Marmalade Dwarf'. The black chairs on the left will not stay there. This bed, as you see, gets afternoon sun.

So, my question is, I would like to back the cedar rails with something tall and blousy. I was thinking some kinds of grasses, preferrably non-invasive, lol. Then I got looking at the seeds I have, and found some double hollyhocks.....what do you think??

Thanks in advance, guys. I'm really at a loss here.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus