SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mystic_dragon72

My first purchase of the season - there WILL be more! :-)

mystic_dragon72
14 years ago

DH and I went to one of the local nurseries and after spending an hour or more wandering around looking at their selection we picked out some of the plants that we wanted. Last year I wanted to get a Japanese Maple to put in the spot we're putting this one. I finally bought one today! :) It's a Acer palmatum dissectum viridis (Green Weeping Japanese Maple)

{{gwi:664531}}

We also bought four roses that were on sale, not the kind I wanted but DH had his mind set on not leaving without at least one rose! LOL... two are "bush" type roses and the other two are hybrid tea roses. Don't have the tags with me right now so I don't know the exact names. Will add them later. Originally I wasn't going to be buying anything for this particular bed until later as I was focusing on the bed that I want to put lilies, daffs and tulips... but DH wouldn't let me leave without buying something :-) I love my hubby! Now he says that I'll just have to do both beds at the same time instead of waiting... I just didn't want to spend too much money all at once. One other good thing might happen from our visit to the nursery though.. I got offered a job while I was there!! The owner was coming out to help a customer but she heard me talking to DH about some of the plants and asked me for some help. I actually helped them make a sale.. LOL. The owner asked me, after talking to the customer, whether or not I wanted a job.. I said sure! Pretty kewl... anyways, here's some overview photos of where I'm putting the plants we bought today. I will be buying a couple more roses next week as well as some other "filler" plants to put around the roses along the edge of the bed.

{{gwi:664533}}

{{gwi:664535}}

That tree is only supposed to get about 6ft high and around 5ft across... so hopefully it's not too close to the edge of the drive there.

ttfn

Cheryl.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting