SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Working on the Little Annual Garden section.

newyorkrita
14 years ago

Last year I just put the gardenbed in, that is dig up the grass and put the edgers. But I had too much going on and I couldn't get much further than to just plant some annuals in this section. So it became known as the annual garden. I always thought bulbs, lilies, Siberian iris and daylilies around here, then keep the annuals for season long summer color. Last year I had impatients, marigolds and cosmos planted here. This year, no marigold here nor impatients. I did love the cosmos here and intend to bring them back. Am also thinking on putting in some violas at the front.

{{gwi:664209}}

Last fall added some daffoldils and started working on the garden this spring.

Anyway, in front of the daffs I planted my Flugelhorn Trumpet lilies. I ordered 12 and put them in four groups of three. If you look carefully you can just see the wooden sticks I stuck inground so that I would know were I planted them.

Then in front of that I did another row of lilies four groups of those Asiatic lankongense hybrids. That would be the white markers stuck inground if you can see them. They are spaced in front of and between the tet trumpets.

Then I plan to put cosmos in front of everything to finish off this garden and give constant color.

{{gwi:664211}}

This is what it all looks like from further away.

{{gwi:664213}}

And here is a far view from awhile back when the daffodils just started to bloom and the shrubs were not as green yet. But it shows how that section fits into the garden. Shrubs in back looking towards the street. There are daylilies all to the right. That is the daylily garden I did by transplanting daylilies last August all along the driveway side slope. Afew Siberian Iris in there also but too small to see in these pictures.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21