SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
affliction_acs

P.p.Gold Mine

affliction-acs
15 years ago

I was just wondering if anybody has Picea pungens Gold Mine in their collection. If you do, would it be possible to post a photo of it?

Thanks,

Darren

Comments (4)

• affliction-acs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm guessing that this plant is as obscure as I thought.
    Anyway, curiousity got the best of me and I purchased one. I will post a of photo when it arrives.

Darren

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    15 years ago

from whom .. or who????

seems that would be your source for info ..

ken

• redwingconifer
    15 years ago

Hi Darren-

Buchholz & Buchholz Nursery has a picture, but no description- see link below

Here is a link that might be useful: P.p. 'Gold Mine'

• affliction-acs
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I know a propagator here that always has some newer plants Van den busche Nursery (no website). He doesn't know anything about it's history. He said it was basically a gold blue spruce.

I never know of the vailidity of some of these plants. It seems like every day somebody releases a new plant (not just conifers) and renames it and presto... come and get it. That is why I posted the question hoping somebody else may have this plant in their garden. There must be a dozen or so gold Colorado spruces out there.

Redwing Conifer, since you posted that link from Buchholz, I feel that this may be a legitimate plant because of the 2 sources (he doesn't buy there). Not too sure how glorious this one is going to be though...

Jan, has a 3 gallon "Gold Mine" for me next month when he comes down to pick up his liners. Once I see it, I will compare it with some of the others I have here.

Thanks for weighing in. Until then for this one...

Darren