SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Adding 8' to my potager :)

lavender_lass
14 years ago

I'm adding 8' to my potager, which is amazing, since usually I'm having to make my gardens smaller! In this space, I'll have room to add two dwarf apple trees and some concord grapes.

I have a small island bed in front of the grapes, with a bird bath and some flowers. I was thinking of putting some burgandy/red peonies on the island (one on each side of the bird bath) and some white peonies in front of the grapes, behind the island. Both these peonies are pretty old, so I don't see them too often in catalogs, especially the white ones, which have slight burgandy markings on the tips. Very pretty :)

I need something to plant under the apple trees and in front of the grapes. I was thinking of using strawberries and purple hyacinth and other spring bulbs and maybe violets under the trees. Will they choke each other out? Also need something mixed in with the peonies, in front of the grapes. I'm only planting two concord grapes (which may not even work in my zone) but I really want to try.

No pictures yet, but I'm hoping to start rototilling this weekend...if it doesn't rain. I'm so excited to start this garden, which I've been planning all winter :)

Comments (6)

Sponsored