SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abrodie_gw

squirrels, rabbits and tolerance

abrodie
18 years ago

I have read a lot here in the last few weeks about living in harmony with little creatues of the wood, specificaly squirrels and rabbits, suggesting that we can all live together happily, "if I couldn't garden and still love little fluffy creatures then I would quit gardening". Horse hockey. People that express these opinions must not have them in their gardens!

I am overrun with both this spring, as usual the squirrels took all but a couple of buds off the rhododendrons, and between the two species of vermin have demolished lilies, roses, purple leaf sand cherry, redbud, weigela, muscari, peonies (there will be no blossoms this year), geraniums, tulips, crocuses, basically everything that has come up so far except for daffodils. I am sure I have forgotten some. I hate squirrels but I used to like rabbits. No one looking after my garden could like these creatures. If they do they can't like their garden. I don't kill them, I am too much of a softie, but I wish I did. If I could hire someone to do this I'd seriously consider it but the fact is that there are just too many to ever make a dent in the population.

Brodie

Go Habs Go

Comments (25)

Sponsored