SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skyjumper_gw

p. abies new growth question

skyjumper
12 years ago

i planted a bunch of norways this year (1st week of april). they are all doing really well, except one is starting show problems. it has about 8-10" of new growth, but on some of the new fingers the lower needles (nearest the old growth) have either dropped or been eaten off (insects?). on the back of the tree one branch appears to be dying as the old growth is shedding and this year's new growth is wilted - that branch did push new growth after it was planted.

first couple weeks I was watering almost every day. then I backed off last week as we had lots of heavy rain and I didn't want to drown them. we have been hot & humid last few days with little rain, but I didn't resume watering because the ground was still quite wet. this particular tree gets part shade, so the ground has stayed very moist even with no rain.

I wish I had a picture. but does anyone have any ideas what could be going on with this tree? I do not see these symptoms with any of the other trees, and I do the same thing for all of them.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting