SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msscarlet

Disobedient Obedient plant! Arggh! HELP!

msscarlet
16 years ago

I have a large bed in the middle of my back yard that I need to get rid of for a couple reasons...the main reason, the obedient plant I put in 6 years ago has taken over everything...the other, the wet conditions in this site and central location taking up yard...

Anyway, I plan to dig up all the plants in there that have managed to not get taken over by OP...Because of my fear that I will transplant the problems of this bed into others, I intend to knock off most of the soil from the plants I move into other beds. I know some may not make it but battling this OP for so many years, I will live with the fact that some plants won't make a successful move.

My question is about the area that I will be cleaning out. I have read that even pulling the plants out, and attempting to make a lawn where there once was a garden may not work with the OP having been there. I read that the smallest of roots left there could result in plants coming back.

What can I do to make sure that they DO NOT come back? Has anyone sucessfully eradicated OP from their yards? Thanks SOOOOOOOOOO much for any help you can give me.

BTW, I started off with just ONE OP, for years now I am pulling between 150-200 of these plants out and STILL they come back! I just HAD to tempt fate ARGHHH!

Comments (10)

Sponsored