SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Garden News (pictures)

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I am poofed having dragged myself in for the day after working out in the garden. But I love this time of year. Each day something new is growing or starting its bloom as its finially really spring.

{{gwi:689738}}

The Azealeas are just starting to get a flush of bloom. This is early. There are some years that my Azealas are blooming second week of May. Still the ones in the shrub border are not close to blooming yet. But The small leafed rhodos around the yard are in bloom.

{{gwi:689740}}

Crab apples are starting. This is my red flowered one. I forgot to get pictures of the others but they look so pretty in flower.

{{gwi:689742}}

The sideyard garden of roses, lilies, tulips and vines is really all nicely greened up now. Lots of tulips blooming there and so are my Wood hyacinths.

{{gwi:654914}}

Tower Square Garden. Outside square has TB Iris, tulips and daffs planted and middle square has yellow columbines, pink Hummingbird mint ( summer flowering and just starting to grow)and clematis growing up the tower structure.

{{gwi:689745}}

The daffs and tulips bloming in the little garden off the porch. I am going to plant the Columbines I bought at Home Depot all along the back. Here I have started today by planting the one light blue purple that you see in the front of the picture.

{{gwi:689747}}

I like this picture of it because it has lots of easter colors.

{{gwi:689750}}

So I planted one flat of Snapdragons here in the backyard daylily garden so that I have color even when the daylilies are not blooming. Couldn't get the entire thing (daylily garden) in the picture as I wanted to show the snapdragons just planted today.

I had moved a very few daylilies out of this garden so that I would have empty spots to put the annuals. I want more color than just the daylilies along.

{{gwi:689752}}

And here I finished off today by planting the second flat of snapdragons in the front yard along a row at the base of the belgioum block mini terraces.

I planted four of my eight tomato plants that I already bought but will have to do the rest and my cucumbers another day. I also tried to clean out my big pond. But it is so bad with so much stinky gunk on the bottom that I have to come back to that project and drain it. All my fish died over this winter :-(( They did fine thru last winter but it was milder that this one.

Oh, and I found TB iris bloom stalk just starting to show today so I was all excited about that :-))

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living