SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Mulching and Fertilizing.

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Since my nursery trip were I bought all the bales of hay, I started on my spring mulching which I have been doing for the past two days. I also put out all the fertilizer I bought, some yesterday and the rest earlier today. I figgure it is the perfect time to put out the fertilizer as we are expecting lots of rain. In fact it just started drizzeling but the strong rains are supposed to be overnight. It is very windy outside and much colder than it has been this week so the chilly cold just makes it unpleasant to be outside. I am in for the day.

I still have all my plants in get inground, I haven't even started on them. Always lots to do but I wanted to get the fertilizering done. Still not finished though as I did all the roses but still have two daylily sections not done as I ran out before I could get to them. Oh well, I will buy more next week.

Used up more than half my 8 bales of straw already also. Have lots of the roses mulched, afew daylilies in the sidyard mulched and then yesterday I did that daylily hill by the side of my driveway. Honestly, it is such a pain to work on that hill, it is harder to do and takes so much longer than the level spots in the yard. But I love the way the daylilies look blooming there in the summer.

Comments (8)