SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardencrafter

HAVE: updated trading/sase list -- march 25

gardencrafter
18 years ago

I tidied up my seed box today, so here's the curent state of what I have left to offer.

These are the LAST packets of seed in my "extra seeds" box.

I would prefer to trade (especially multiple trades that can go in the same envelope), but anything that's still here by the end of this month will be available to go out by SASE in April.

--------- this list was last updated on 25 March 2006 ---

---- Note: ALL of these seeds are open-pollinated, and each coin envelope seed-packet contains at least 10 seeds (dozens or hundreds for very small seeds) ------

-- alcea rosea (Hollyhocks) -- "Old-fashioned Singles" -- from grandmother's garden -- harvested 2004 -- these typically come up pale yellow and pale pink, with occassional "sport colours" -- (1)

-- alcea rosea (Hollyhocks) -- "Assorted Mystery Mixture" -- this is a mixture of various varieties of hollyhock that I received last year. Some came from grandma, some are from my friend Sharon's garden out east, some are from Louisa on the Canadian Gardening forum, and the rest are from various seed-trades (there wasn't enough left in any of these four envelopes to be a full trade so I mixed them all together). Parents plants were mostly singles in pale pink, pale yellow, wine red/purple or pure white -- (1)

-- Bean -- "Scarlet Runner" -- from my garden and father's garden -- harvested 2005 -- (2)

-- Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) -- "Ring of Fire" (these grew taller than expected for this variety) -- from my garden -- harvested 2005 -- (2)

-- Lavatera ("Silvercup") -- from grandma's garden -- 2004 (but produced 12 healthy seedlings from a small pinch of seeds during germination test in March 2006) -- (2)

-- Woad (Isatis tinctoria) --- produces blue dye for wood/fabric/temporary-skin-tattoos -- extra from trade -- harvested 2005 -- (1)

NOTE: Please use a bubble-wrap envelope to send me seeds. I have a rural mailbox a walk down the road and the metal is very prone to temperature extremes.

NOTE: I will email people when I receive their envelope, and when I send them an envelope.

NOTE for anyone sending a SASE: Our local post office has made some policy changes. Now, ANYTHING out-going that needs manual sorting (no matter how small or flat), gets charged a minimum of $1.05 in postage. So the issue of "bubble-wrap-envelope or not" has NO effect on the cost of your envelope's return postage. So PLEASE remember to put $1.05 in postage on your return envelope (even if $0.51 was sufficient for you to send me your SASE). Being a student, I don't consider it reasonable for me to PAY for someone to take seeds that I'm willing to GIVE them for FREE.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions