SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Agastache Winter Losses

newyorkrita
13 years ago

I finished cutting back the old growth on the Agastaches (Hummingbird Mints) today and checking them. Some winters they do better than others, its spotty and depends on the cold and snow cover. At any rate, a fair amount of losses this year.

Starting with out in the front yard in the first terrace directly off the sidewalk. I have four Agastache clumps there interspaced with TB Iris. They all came thru the prior winter from two years ago after planting that spring but this winter two clumps are totally dead and need to be replaced. The New Mexico Hummingbird Mint is dead and so is the Acapulco Salon and Pink.

In the little planter boxes next to the front steps most are doing well. Planted last spring. Yellow colored Summer Glows are dead so need replacement.

In the backyard in the third terace of the terraces garden there is one dead Orange Flare and one dead Ava. Yet the others of both (I have them sort of lined up) are fine.

Also the Four Rosita that I put in the smallest square of tower square (one in each corner) are fine so I am glad to see that. The Columbines in Tower Square are doing great also.

So I will be ordering replacements at High Country Gardens for the Hummingbird Mints as I just love those Hummingbird Mints. Also will order my usual Indigo Spires Blue Salvia which I get each year as its only annual for us.

I do love High Country Gardens plants. But they get expensive if you have to keep rebuying them. Still, no way I am not going to have my Agastaches.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!