SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

The daffodils are coming up all over this spring.

13 years ago

I have had daffs in my garden since I started with the garden and many years I add afew each fall. But last fall I went nuts and added hundreds. I just walked around the yard and gave it a close inspection and the dafffs are making an appearace all over the yard. The ones I had from previous years have the tallest folliage out already (even thought thats not really tall) but it looks like I am going to have good increase on them as I can see where I had a row of single bulbs I am getting some clumps coming up.

But I put in this mini terrace section on the left side of my yard that is a hill and planted daffs running accross in both small terraced sections. Then I put them running accross the other garden bed on the other side of the front yard, in back of the two rows of daylilies. On top of that I have another terraced section and I put daffs up there with tulips in front of them. All this will be easily viewed from the street.

To make the daff show even better the front yard walk leading out from the porch to the street now has daffs on both sides lining the walkway and I know that will look grand when they bloom.

I have new daffs also in some sideyard gardenbeds but I noticed that the ones in the front are up more as its sunnier. The sideyard is plenty sunny in the summer but shadier in the fall.

I bought lots of fancy types of daffs, including deep orange trumpets and pink trumpets from Brent and Beckies. Plus I also bought mixes by the hundred bag. Those I ordered in the spring. But late summer I ordered more from Scheepers. I got fancy mixes and early flowered ones too. I didn't mark the varities as to were I put them, I just wanted spring color. So more variety bags.

I am just really excited seeing them coming up so I just had to post. I am so looking forward to the spring show.

Comments (12)

Sponsored