SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Some Jobs Done But More To Do

newyorkrita
13 years ago

Spring chores are coming along around the garden here. Even though it's early, there is lots in the already done column. I dumped and cleaned and refilled the two little 35 gallon ponds in the yard but haven't done anything about the big one yet.

Then I also already moved some daylilies. I know its awefully early for that but since I was taking them with a rootball and just moving them afew feet I figgured it was ok to do it now. Last year I moved out daylilies from the spot I wanted these in figguring I would just move a daylily row forward, which is exactly what I did. This is in the back by the serviceberries and those serviceberries were shading that back row of daylilies. Since the serviceberries can't move, the daylilies came forward. Next fall I will just add lots of spring bulbs in that area.

Most, but certainly not all, of the roses are cut back although as I look at them in front I see that I still need to do some neatening up on them here and there.

Also, lots of the general daylily and garden cleanup is done so many of the beds look lots nicer. But there is still cleanup to do. Once thats done (cleanup) that means I have to start mulching the entire garden. Mulching will be a big deal this spring, as I did not mulch last fall like I sometimes do. My the time I got to fall, my big project was the planting of the spring bulbs. I was in no mood to go collect and haul and spread bags of leaves like I often do. So I will have to go buy straw in bales and use that this spring.

Comments (8)