SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chaparralgirl

More Babies! More Babies!

chaparralgirl
12 years ago

Today I decided to swing by a nursery I used to visit some time before we moved. Their selection of cacti and succulents was usually pretty slim, but I had made friends with the owner/manager, and I hadn't seen her in a while, so I wanted to say hi and catch up.

To my absolute and utter delight, she had significantly grown her C&S selection! So, of course, I just went nuts. :)

Well, ok, I did exercise some self-control. I only bought 5 plants. :) (She gave me one free, cuz we exchange plants sometimes, plus a few cuttings.) Most of them didn't have labels, so if you know what they are, your two cents is hugely appreciated!

Smoe sort of Crassulaceae, I presume. Anyone know what, specifically? I have one of these in a dusty lavender-ish color; this one is variegated.

A lovely little Haworthia! Any guess as to species? (Hopefully I won't kill this one - I tend not to do well with Haworthias.)

The lighting in the photo actually sort of washes this one out a bit. It's a much deeper, richer purple-ish color. An Escheveria of some sort?

Some sort of Euphorbia. Anyone?

I am so excited about this one - a Pony Tail Palm! Label says it's Beaucarnea recurvata. This is my first! :)

This was the freebie - I know, Mother-of-Thousands seems to be an unpopular plant, but I like it. (She was going to give me a cactus, but I actually picked this one out.)

A Dragonfruit cutting. Anyone have suggestions on how to root it?

Next two are leaves she let me take from parent plants. The first one looks like some sort of sedum to me (but I'm known to be wrong); the second one is NOT a Tomentosa, I promise. The leaves are generally large and plump, and somewhat serrated at the tips. Any IDs?

I'm just so excited! I told her I'd be back on Tuesday (she's closed tomorrow, and I have class on Monday) with some of my own plants for exchange (since she gave me the MOT and the cutting and leaves). I might have to buy a few more, too... She had a few unusual looking specimens that I really hated to not take home with me today!

*CG*

Comments (12)